How Are The Underdog Is Lights Post Energy Range Nerf?

BattleMechs

9 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:05 PM

Such as certain variants of Locust, Commando, Urbie, Panther, and to lesser extent, Raven-4X? Did the other quirk buffs of December 1st patch still allow them to be relevant, or do they need more help?

Edited by El Bandito, 01 March 2016 - 02:48 AM.

#2 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

Still running a 3LL Collector's Urbie.

No change noticed whatsoever.

#3 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

I can only speak to the Locust 1V and the 3M but it doesn't feel any different. But, that is coming from someone that just started playing said Locusts again since the Phoenix release. The structure quirks alone made the chassis more enjoyable because I can last longer than a getting legged after running into a teammate. The range wasn't ever anything that I keyed in on, anyway. My 3M was, at Phoenix launch, an ER Lrg Laser, TAG (LRMs were played a lot back then, more so than now), and a Md. Laser. As I didn't have quirks then, I don't notice any change in play style.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:08 AM

One of the Panthers lost a bit of its bite. I had a lot of fun in it pre-patch, but now it's just depressing seeing that yellow indicator at ranges that I remember used to be green. =/

Edited by Tarogato, 01 March 2016 - 01:08 AM.

#5 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:41 AM

I sold my 4X after quirk 1, then almost rebought it after quirk 2, but then nerf 2 was summoned by the whine storm just in time so I didn't have to. Back in my 2X for good. Rarely play lights nowadays at all though... if I do it will be in my RVN-2X (after mastering JNRIIc's).

#6 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:11 AM

Horrible. Sell them all. Don't touch them ever again. Don't even look at them.

#7 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

LCT-1E is not quite the murderbot it used to be. It's taken a slight nerf in agility with the skill tree nerf and buffs not quite giving all of it back (almost, but not quite). And the range hit has severely hampered the small pulse build for it.

The 110m range on small pulse is a big difference from the previous 140, because in a run and gun situation, you are often not within 110m of the target and therefore not delivering your full 24 pt alpha. It still excels at sneaking up on people and coring out their butts; however, you can't count on being able to do that every time, and outside of that tactic, it's fairly anemic.

The 6 medium laser build is still decent.

#8 the punk who stole your thunder

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:23 AM

View PostDino Might, on 01 March 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

LCT-1E is not quite the murderbot it used to be. It's taken a slight nerf in agility with the skill tree nerf and buffs not quite giving all of it back (almost, but not quite).

Imho the missing acceleration and decelaration quirks and skilltree-nerfs regarding them hurts the SPL-1V much more than the missing range.

Dont't understand why the Commando, specially the TDK have no accel or devel quirks.

All in all i think the lights get pretty hurt by the skilltree-nerfs and not so much by the energy-range quirks.

#9 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:02 AM

Everything is ok for me I suppose *shrug*.

The Urbanmech and Panther I commonly use is equipped with ERPPCs, so I haven't felt much effect. I hardly use my Locust 1V, but I did equip a LPLaser instead of the ERLLaser. I could have used the range for that, but at least the -50% duration makes the LPLaser interesting to use. I almost want to mount a SPLaser in testing grounds just to see what it looks like lol.

Anyway, I think the skill tree nerf hurt my underdog lights more than energy range (especially the poor Urbanmech).

I'd like the Urbie to regain some of it's mobility back. It needs it.

#10 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

Laggy, the Mando doesn't get accel/decel quirks because it has the capacity to go 165kph. PGI believes that makes up for the lack of said quirks. Then again, they think that a greater engine cap and/or lots of JJs are acceptable balancing mechanics to reduce a mech's number of weapons hard points - looking at you Mando/Spider.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users