Remove Psr Change At End Of Match

4 replies to this topic

#1 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

if i have PSR turned off in the front end , why do i see the change in PSR at the end of match screen? I turned it off so i could still enjoy the game even if i drop on a team that has no idea how to play like lrm assaults that dont have a target decay module that stay 800m from the enemy and never close, or a whole team in 'tanks with legs' that stand still, or a match that everyone votes for a map and has no idea how to fight on that map.As things are now i play 1/10-1/3 of matches than i used to.

I have no problem playing with new people learning the game but grading me on it makes me want to play much less and showing me the skill change when i have PSR turned off just pisses me off. I miss just having fun while playing and i miss taking out my fun mechs that are less likely to increase my PSR.

#2 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostGorantir, on 01 March 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

if i have PSR turned off in the front end , why do i see the change in PSR at the end of match screen? I turned it off so i could still enjoy the game even if i drop on a team that has no idea how to play like lrm assaults that dont have a target decay module that stay 800m from the enemy and never close, or a whole team in 'tanks with legs' that stand still, or a match that everyone votes for a map and has no idea how to fight on that map.As things are now i play 1/10-1/3 of matches than i used to.

I have no problem playing with new people learning the game but grading me on it makes me want to play much less and showing me the skill change when i have PSR turned off just pisses me off. I miss just having fun while playing and i miss taking out my fun mechs that are less likely to increase my PSR.

Then PGI should also remove match score at the end of the match too, cuz PSR change depends on it.
Posted Image

#3 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

Im just saying stop showing me the change, i turned it off. I never said remove it from the game or remove match score from the game.PSR is like being graded on herding cats (in lower tiers) then they add feral blind cats to your team.

#4 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostGorantir, on 01 March 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Im just saying stop showing me the change, i turned it off. I never said remove it from the game or remove match score from the game.PSR is like being graded on herding cats (in lower tiers) then they add feral blind cats to your team.

I mean, it's enough to know, whether it's win or loss and your match score to determine, how your rating changed. If you don't want to know it at all - match score should be removed too.

Edited by MrMadguy, 01 March 2016 - 12:51 PM.

#5 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

You cannot turn off your performance measurement indicator at all, you can only HIDE you tier rating from both yourself and people on the forums. But you will always get the indicator of weather you went up or down

PSR literally does nothing but put you into a bucket of similarly skilled pilots so you can have decent matches with players on par with your skill all the time(or as close as possible), nothing more and nothing less. The fact that you get "pissed off" from your scores seems to be more of a personal issue then something PGI needs to help you with. I really dont understand why you would get upset with an arrow... It hasn't insulted you or anything has it? Posted Image

You are graded in every match before PSR was here with ELO, and you will be if PSR goes away as well, because that how the game works. If you dont want to play people of equal skill then maybe a single player game is more your pace? I really dont know what to tell you, you are the only person here that doesn't seem to want even matches for himself unless i missed the point.

You cant TURN IT OFF because that would essentially be turning off the Match Maker for you.

Nothing is stopping you from taking FUN MECH, only yourself. If the arrow doesn't matter, it doesn't matter but it seems to me it DOES matter you to but you are just trying to convince yourself it doesn't.

Just relax, it means nothing.

Edited by Revis Volek, 02 March 2016 - 01:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users