Pot Of Gold Event

11 replies to this topic

#1 Jenovah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:44 AM

I'll start by saying I appreciate events and understand that PGI has no requirement to do them.

That being said-

2 mil cbill cap? I mean, really? Granted there is no opt in, no serious work to be done, but couldn't you at least put a 6mil cbill cap on it? At least so players, new/old, cbill broke, whatever can buy at least one top module, or an engine, something?

Lets be realistic, the entire community knows that it is a complete waste of money to buy the cbill packages. Someone had done the math and its cheaper to buy mechs (depending on sales, whatever) and sell them. Even if not, I know personally I will never, ever, purchase cbils if I buy MC for anything. I'd rather get bays or mechs. And I nearly run prem constantly due to mech packages and all my banked time.

I just think it would make more sense to have a higher cap or even no cap for the duration.

#2 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:51 AM

Ther are 4 weight classes, and CW, and all have thir own 2 million bill cap.

The cap for non special mechs is therefore 10 million, 15 million for special mechs (explicitly listed in the event)

I honestly have no idea what you´re actually complaining about. Unless it´s a thinly veiled gripe not being able to use the same mech all weekend.

#3 Jenovah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostZerberus, on 10 March 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

Ther are 4 weight classes, and CW, and all have thir own 2 million bill cap.

The cap for non special mechs is therefore 10 million, 15 million for special mechs (explicitly listed in the event)

I honestly have no idea what you´re actually complaining about. Unless it´s a thinly veiled gripe not being able to use the same mech all weekend.

You can achieve up to a maximum of 2,000,000 Bonus C-Bills over the duration of the Event

unless I missed something, this is capped, regardless of where you play. Just that matches in CW count, you get more bonus to achieve that cap with specified mechs, etc.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

View PostJenovah, on 10 March 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

You can achieve up to a maximum of 2,000,000 Bonus C-Bills over the duration of the Event

unless I missed something, this is capped, regardless of where you play. Just that matches in CW count, you get more bonus to achieve that cap with specified mechs, etc.

Your reading the faction play sections. A max of 2 mil in faction play(cw).

Lot of us already have more than 2 mil. Just keep playing.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 10 March 2016 - 10:00 AM.

#5 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

No. You misread. That line was just in reference to the CW portion, making it effectively the same limit on that aspect of the event as the other aspects.

And yes, I'm sure on this as the Pot of Gold page already has me at 2,400,000 C-Bills: 2 million for lights, and 400k for mediums (I'm working through each part in order Posted Image )

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostJenovah, on 10 March 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

I'll start by saying I appreciate events and understand that PGI has no requirement to do them.

That being said-

2 mil cbill cap? I mean, really? Granted there is no opt in, no serious work to be done, but couldn't you at least put a 6mil cbill cap on it? At least so players, new/old, cbill broke, whatever can buy at least one top module, or an engine, something?

Lets be realistic, the entire community knows that it is a complete waste of money to buy the cbill packages. Someone had done the math and its cheaper to buy mechs (depending on sales, whatever) and sell them. Even if not, I know personally I will never, ever, purchase cbils if I buy MC for anything. I'd rather get bays or mechs. And I nearly run prem constantly due to mech packages and all my banked time.

I just think it would make more sense to have a higher cap or even no cap for the duration.

check your math, you can earn 2mil per weight class

#7 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:01 AM

You missed something.

From the event page:

Only the fist 20 Qualifying Matches Per Each [sic] Weight Class will count

#8 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

Yes, you missed something, or rather you misassociated a matchtype specific statement as a global one.

The event rules state:

Quick Play
You can achieve up to a maximum of 20 Qualifying Matches per Weight Class, for a maximum total of 80 Matches over the duration of the Event.

+

Faction Play

You can achieve up to a maximum of 2,000,000 Bonus C-Bills over the duration of the Event.

Since you can already get 80 qualifying matches in quickplay for 8 million total (20 matches /weight class), that alone already precludes a total event cap of 2 million. And since the 2 million is listed specifically under faction play, it is only logical to assume that that 2 million cap is faction play specific.

AND many of us are already well past 2 million at this time if the event page is not being intentionally misleading...

Edited by Zerberus, 10 March 2016 - 10:05 AM.

#9 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,976 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:03 AM

Its 2 mil per weight class, and more for playing the listed mechs.

Meaning if you get all 20 for each, and play 20 rounds in CW, you end up with 10,000,000 Cbills at the end of this thing, not bad for just playing the game.
Posted Image

Edited by Mister D, 10 March 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#10 Jenovah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 10 March 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

You missed something.

From the event page:

Only the fist 20 Qualifying Matches Per Each [sic] Weight Class will count

well damn, I did miss it then. Guess I need to hop back into my med and assault and then hit CW.

My bad gents, I had thought I thoroughly read it.

#11 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:09 AM

No biggie, man. *raises beer stein*..

But next time we´ll throw cotton balls at you until you bleed and then give you a billion lashes with a wet noodle :D

#12 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

I missed that my first time reading through and thought "bleh" on the event and figured I would be finishing X-com 2 this weekend.

Little more incentive to be sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users