Griffin - 1S Builds

No replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

There is a thread over two years old now (like the last I posted in my thread about builds for the Griffin - 2n, but I was wondering just how up to date it is with the new 'Mechs again, if any of the builds of the 1S would work as well?

I know I am giving myself a handicap by now going to bother with upgrading it with endo or ferro-fibros armour, nor even double heat sinks or artemis (that is because I plan on only using it to leavel it up along with one other Griffin varient until I can get my primary Griffin to master tier, so what weapons would people think would work for such a 'Mech with those handicaps?
Currently, I have its loadout as 1x jump jet, 2x LRM 5 (without the Artemis fire control system) and a large laser.
Would replacing the large laser and equipping medium lasers or even pulse lasers be a good combination for the 'Mech? I do not really want to replace the LarM launchers, as I dislike SRMs and SSRMs, considering I am more of a long-range to medium range fighter than a close-combat fighter in my 'Mechs and with the speed of the Griffin (81,7 kp/h if I remember correctly) is enough for me to make use of the Griffin in those kinds of gameplay.
Also, because I have no intention of upgrading the 1S to ferro fibro armour or endo steel or even put on double heat sinks, how many single heat sinks would work for the 'Mech, if I change out the large laser to either medium lasers or pulse lasers? Would medium lasers work best, or would most of you recommend equipping small lasers/pulse lasers instead?

Thanks in advance, folks.

Edit :-:
I have already checked out the metabuilds and Smurfy sites, but they were not much use to me, since I do not plan on upgrading anything on my Griffin- 1S (why waste the money in upgrading the 'Mech, or the thrd C-Bill purchasable 'Mech, when I just going to sell them anyway, after I get my Griffin -2N to the master tier?)

Edited by Timicon, 14 April 2016 - 04:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users