Kodiak Kdk-4 Ugly Duckling

5 replies to this topic

#1 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

As the title suggests, I am anticipating The KDK-4 to be a bit of the ugly duckling in the Kodiak family. Its lack of boatable hardpoints most likely puts a lot of people off and means it is only a gimped version of the other Kodiaks unless we really take advantage of mixed builds.

So, lets get into making some good builds so that the KDK-4 isn't left completely neglected!

Here is what I have been running. I essentially translated an old Atlas AS-7-D build, which I run in my founder Atlas to moderate-great success (out of all my mechs, it's still the only one to go into the 1000s or even 1100 more than once or twice.) into its clan equivalent:

Smurfy: KDK-4
2x c-erLL
2x c-erML
2x c-UAC-5 with 2T ammo
2x c-SRM6A with 2T ammo
3x c-DHS
13 armor shaved off

Of course, it is day one and I have not played with it for long, but it is something to start with.

here is that old Atlas build if anyone is curious:
https://www.mechspec...ml-std325.7267/

Smurfy: AS7-D

#2 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:45 AM

KDK-4

I decided to give the 4 ER PPC Warhawk a chance, and by surprise, it did excellent. Surely a 4 ER PPC Kodiak with 4 more Heatsinks and higher placed arms can do better right? the Answer is yes..

If you want more speed and 1 DHS more, you can swap out the SRM 6's, add Endo steel and go for the XL 400. I found this to be quite the powerhouse and it felt great smashing other kodiaks with it.

#3 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:10 AM

Its actually one of my favorites so far, i went straight brawler, with 2 LBX10's, 2 ASRM6s, 4 CERMLs an XL400 and 19 DHS.

To me its the most like a standard atlas with the 2 Ballistic right torso, and I like that.

#4 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 18 May 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

To me its the most like a standard atlas with the 2 Ballistic right torso, and I like that.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel about it too!

#5 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

Holy crap i just realised its the same exact wepon hardpoints as the founders Atlas, 4 E, 2B, 2M. Thats why I wanted it so bad! Except it can fit a 400XL, and way more DHS.

#6 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

I've initially tried it with LRM15s, 2 ERML, 2 MPL and 2 LBX5s. Its....ok... I may switch it around though to SRM6s and large lasers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users