Best Brawler: Atlas D-Dc, Atlas S Or Kdk Sb?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 163 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Best with most 'survivability'
With SRM 6 and AC20 build.

Pros and cons, please.
Thanks

Edited by Odd Thomas, 26 July 2016 - 05:00 PM.

#2 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

i loove the atlas DDC. pros ecm coverage plus 2 arms as meat sheild. cons slower than kodiak but stil average speed for a assult

#3 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:38 PM

Best brawler, AS7-S. I don't think there is a contest. Hit boxes are better then the KDK-SB, and its auto cannon is pinpoint damage. In addition, it realistically has more armor, and it can lose a side torso without its mobility being severely hampered. Yes, the torso twist on the Spirit Bear is going to be better, but a good brawler pilot isn't going to be thrown off by someone torso twisting, especially in the current meta where people don't actually know how to twist.

View Posthordes1ayer2, on 26 July 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

i loove the atlas DDC. pros ecm coverage plus 2 arms as meat sheild. cons slower than kodiak but stil average speed for a assult

In terms of which is the best in a brawl, I will go with the AS7-S over the DDC. Only because it hits much harder, and its medium lasers are in the CT, unlike the DDC's which are in the arms. Even though the DDC can run more arm armor, it has weapon systems in both of the arms, partly making losing an arm detrimental to the performance of the mech, especially since the DDC already is missing one of the six packs of its brother. However, I would pick the DDC as my favorite Atlas, due to ECM coverage, more armor on the arms, cooler running, and the nicer structure quirks. It's overall a more well rounded design, and the protection against LURMAGEDDON and being more difficult to target makes it nice. In addition, PUGS love ECM, so when you charge gloriously into battle, you'll have a group of friends. In the current meta though, the Atlas is much slower then the other assaults, but that doesn't matter if you use it like the apex ambush predator it really is. (I always say the Atlas DDC should be played like an ambush mech. You have to set yourself for an ambush, hiding among your own team. At least for the start of the game, never be a coward.)

#4 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:10 AM

I rather drop in this one any day , than in my D DC .

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...16efe1dedcc1eb9

#5 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PosttheUgly, on 27 July 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

Why, I'm just curious? I could never get into the AS7-D, it ran too hot for my taste with the four Medium lasers, and that engine is only negligibly better than the DDC's. It has mildly better structure quirks, but the ECM makes up for that on the DDC, as you'll probably take less shots getting into the battle.

Peace, and have fun

#6 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

AS7-S hands down. Spirit Bear can holds its own, but if what you really want is damage and survivability, the AS7-S wins.

#7 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

Was in 2 pugs last night alongside a KDK-SB.
Had 4 X ASRM6 + 2 LPL + 1 X UAC10

He did well in both matches. over 700 dmg in each with total of 5 kills.

Used LPL's & UAC10 for range (36 dmg) and the SRM's + UAC10 up close.

Nice alpha too.

The flexibility with range allowed him to be productive throughout the match as opposed to the wait & see scenario that the Atlas is now facing.

A brawler with long range capabilities.

Edited by Chill Bill, 27 July 2016 - 04:42 PM.

#8 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:24 AM

View PostKimberm1911, on 27 July 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

Why, I'm just curious? I could never get into the AS7-D, it ran too hot for my taste with the four Medium lasers, and that engine is only negligibly better than the DDC's. It has mildly better structure quirks, but the ECM makes up for that on the DDC, as you'll probably take less shots getting into the battle.

Peace, and have fun

I bought this one only because of this quirk

* CRIT HIT CHANCE (RECEIVING): -25.00 %

so i can tank as much damage as possible for
my boys in faction drops. I had no idea
that it will turn in to my favorite mech .

Yeah,, he is hot ,, just like me .

#9 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:04 AM

The atlas frequently loses weapons once it loses armour and takes a few scratches on its structure.

Especially that AC20.

-25% really helps on a hunchback and keeps that AC20 alive for long.

View PosttheUgly, on 27 July 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

Well, just my min-max senses sounding the alarm,

but by splitting up one ton of ammo into two half tons, you're losing one shot of AC20. Posted Image

#10 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

I'm going to jokingly (but only half way so) say the Hunchy SP

In all seriousness though, if two mechs walk around the corner and stay there until one of them is dead, the Atlas will almost always be the victor. That being said, that scenario is a lot rarer than people think, as most pilots are not inclined to brawl with an assault. The KDK gets a touch of an advantage here because it can run down people and force at least some engagements on its own terms.

In other words, your probably going to have pretty good damage in the KDK, but the Atlas is able to sponge fire like no other.

#11 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

Yes, no mech belts out 'in your face' damage better than the Atlas.
The KDK-SB mentioned above was more of a second choice for those CQ Atlas pilots who, due to the larger maps, are tired of not having the opportunity to 'meet their potential' in 50% of their matches.

#12 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

I'm going to be a sneaky troll here, bear with me

The WHK-B with UAC20 (or LBX20) and 4SRM6+A can get 2MPL AND 20 heatsinks.

If all you're looking for is DPS (and firepower), it easily beats even the Atlas and the Kodiak.

There's also the tissue paper Side torso problem, but then again, we're talking about purely DPS.

#13 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 163 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

So far, SB, although does not seem to dish out as much damage as expected, is active throughout the matches due to range flexibility.

Atlas did major damage in one match so far but was either shredded from long range, or just couldn't find the opening to cross the distance for CQ or lastly, during the long and cautious trudge across the map was discovered by groups of lights & meds in the 4 other matches.

Edited by Odd Thomas, 28 July 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#14 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:38 PM

Quite honestly for brawling I prefer the DDC with the twin lbx 10's and 3x srm6's over the 4 srm atlas S. The lbx damage may spread but, it's drop off damage is 1/3 less than the ac/20 with better refire, Many times the ac/20 will get critted and i find unless i completely lose that torso that one of the lbx's will still be there. A couple of Med Lasers in the arms and you really don't care if you lose one.. probably better to just drop them and run heatsinks but, to each their own. Anywho i find with the 2lbx10's and 2ml's with the 3x srm6's that the DDC can do some descent mid range and still brawl like a boss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users