• Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:34 PM

Kinda upset at the concept of this mech the Marauder II-C but I do know PGI has to make some money and they have been doing a decent job of late with finally coming out with decals/maps and fixing some bugs in game that really needed to be done.

Sometimes though a company just puts out something that well is kinda not up to par with what people expect and I thought this mech would be a bit better but who knows I will have to test it out on the field to see if its good..

Still kinda on the fence but leaning towards a bad idea

The early bonus is the real key part of this that you should get just for the mech and premium time and free bonus stuff you get so I give you

#2 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:00 PM

However, in terms of the mechs, the Marauder IIC is a good place to start with the IICs. After all, most of the IICs gained or lost weight compared to their IS counterparts, and the MAD-IIC is a good place to start since it is based on a familiar, popular mech.

#3 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:38 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 07 August 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

However, in terms of the mechs, the Marauder IIC is a good place to start with the IICs. After all, most of the IICs gained or lost weight compared to their IS counterparts, and the MAD-IIC is a good place to start since it is based on a familiar, popular mech.

Its a good start none the less and they have made some good designs with the Hunchback and Jenner

#4 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:43 PM

On the fence myself.

On the table top, the mech is unstoppable... but so was the Awesome.

Think the Warhawk may be a good parallel for how the Mad IIC might preform weapon wise.

#5 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:15 PM

Was there an Archer IIC?

#6 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

reasons not to get

1) the 3 standard variants DO NOT COME WITH XL ENGINES

2) The ECM variant is an add-on

3) The bonus modules are meh.

side note

This is the first Clan ECM Assault

#7 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:33 AM

Do note if you pre order, it's 4 clan assault mechs for 20 bucks. With the option for swapping stuff around. At least there's some variety to fit various decks as needed

#8 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 07 August 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Was there an Archer IIC?

Not that I know of at least from the board game...

#9 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:58 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 07 August 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

reasons not to get

side note

The cost of XL engines would just be a bit of a grind I do give you that but not a reason to get it as most people look at the hardpoints in a mech to make up their minds about to get it or not or if they have omni pods and what type for clans.This mech is a set amount of hard points so you get what you can with it..

Not too happy with taking out the 6.5 million c-bills and giving us a star adder decal as I dont play clans and wont put a clan decal on my mech let alone a warhorn from one LOL

Last not least you pay an extra $15 bucks for the ECM add on as well..

View PostBohxim, on 08 August 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

Do note if you pre order, it's 4 clan assault mechs for 20 bucks. With the option for swapping stuff around. At least there's some variety to fit various decks as needed

Your right on that with the four mechs and well thats ok in my book and if you get it before aug 31st..

#10 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

View PostOldbob10025, on 08 August 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

Not that I know of at least from the board game...

Hmmm. Then I wonder what they'll release after the Warhammer IIC and Rifleman IIC?

#11 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:15 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 08 August 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

Hmmm. Then I wonder what they'll release after the Warhammer IIC and Rifleman IIC?

The archer IIC was never made but they did the Locust IIC,Warhammer IIC and the Rifleman IIC.. s

#12 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:19 AM

knightsljx said:

MAD-IIC-B comes with an xl engine, so you're wrong.

#13 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:22 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 08 August 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

MAD-IIC-B comes with an xl engine, so you're wrong.

well not really if you purchase the mech pack before aug 31st then hes wrong but if not they hes right as you dont get the extra mech IIC-B....

The three standard ones only comes with std engines...

#14 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostOldbob10025, on 08 August 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

well not really if you purchase the mech pack before aug 31st then hes wrong but if not they hes right as you dont get the extra mech IIC-B....

The three standard ones only comes with std engines...

Isn't that what we are talking about?
I know this doesn't go for everybody but I only really consider the early adopt for the the little extra for $20 (like a Extra Mech) Otherwise, I'll wait for the c-bill grind so I can pick choose. I may get the standard pack just because the IIC B with it's XL makes it a great value but I I like to do more homework on possible weapon layouts first.

#15 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 08 August 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

Isn't that what we are talking about?
I know this doesn't go for everybody but I only really consider the early adopt for the the little extra for $20 (like a Extra Mech) Otherwise, I'll wait for the c-bill grind so I can pick choose. I may get the standard pack just because the IIC B with it's XL makes it a great value but I I like to do more homework on possible weapon layouts first.

There are several reason I purchase the packs

1)The value of the pack for $20 gets you three mech bays and mechs
2)6.5 million c-bills (I dont have to grind that)
3) Premium time $12 by its self so for an extra $8 I get everything else
4) The modules are worth about 6-9 million on its own depending if radar derp comes with it
5)The nifty extra like the hanging items etc...

That alone is worth $20 now as for the other mechs depends on if you want it bad enough or not..

#16 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

It'd make more sense to compare the IIC to the Warhawk and Battlemaster.

But, if you're going to compare it to the MAD...

#1: The IIC can carry amounts of firepower the IS MAD can't dream of, especially when it comes to dual ballistics.
#2: The IIC can run a huge XL engine, while the MAD becomes a death trap with one. This gives it significantly more speed, even at 10t heavier. Or it can run a smaller, XL, to pack on even bigger payloads. Win win scenario.
#3: The amount of high-mounted weapons makes it an instant meta overlord.

So let's tally this up. Way faster + way more weaponry + way more high-mounted weaponry + more armor. Turns out it's not a fair comparison.

6 out of 10.... You don't understand how strong this'll be.

View Postknightsljx, on 07 August 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

reasons not to get

side note

1) The standard pack actually comes with TWO XLs, one in the IIC-B, one in the Early Adopter IIC-8.

2) The ECM variant is the worst looking variant, it should be skipped anyway, to pick up the hero, if you're only spending $15 once.

3) Bonus modules are meh, next to receiving a fully kitted mech as a bonus.

#17 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:03 PM

I feel the MAD IIC is going to blow the pants off of a normal MAD.

You get 10 tons more to work with, Clan Endo+Ferro so even more tonnage, Clan XL so even more free tonnage or more speed. It also has more hardpoints in better places. For example one variant comes with many torso mounted energy weapons among other weapons. One variant could easily run 4 torso mounted C-LPL, putting it on par with the IS hill peaking assaults such as the battlemaster. The Ballistic variant could hold triple UAC5 in one torso and still bring an XL engine and a good supply of backup weaponry or if they dropped the XL they could bring triple UAC10, though I wouldn't recommend it for that, especially with its new ghost heat.

Early adopter one looks inferior to the prime due to only gaining one missile hardpoint for a loss of two energy, there isn't much to do with just a single missile hardpoint on an assault. A variant looks like its going to be a pretty powerful fast moving clan ballistic boat, basically a 3 UAC5 EBJ but with all the guns clustered instead of spread way out and with backup lasers, definitely going to be up there with the best. B variant could be capable of being at least a mediocre brawler with dual ASRM6 and a mix of MPLs or something with a load of cooling and jump jets to help spread damage and a large engine. C variant seems pretty optional, but could be similarly to the A variant, losing a ballistic for an energy running something like dual UAC10 with laser backup. D's ECM is interesting, especially being the first clan ECM assault. It could do some decent brawling with UAC10s and ASRM6 in each arm with some SPL or MPL in the torso but its hardpoint locations for the energy points do limit their use. Scorch could be a more powerful brawler than the D at the loss of ECM, similar to the Atlas S vs DDC. Scorch could run quad ASRM6 with either dual UAC10 or UAC20 and a couple backup lasers.

My verdict is that they will be game changers, placing high in the ranking for Clan assaults probably right behind the Kodiak. They'll be able to move around pretty quick, hit extremely hard, and be decently durable if their hitboxes are as good as the IS Marauder. I'd hold off on buying the reinforcements and Just get the standard pack + the hero. If you really like laser boating and care more about getting 30% more cbills per match than you do about that extra 20 dollars you have then drop for the collectors edition and get to farming cbills with the 2 months of premium and two mechs with +30% cbills. Though I'd wait until after they come out to get the collectors pack since it doesn't effect what you get on the EA bonuses and you get to try out the normal version of it before buying it.

#18 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:20 AM

My prediction is that the tanky geometry and XL400 alone will make the IIC very competitive and fun. And unlike the Orion IIC and Highlander IIC, it won't be wanting for hardpoints.

#19 W Ventilator

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

I think I feel like a giggle-happy school girl...

I'm pretty sure this is how a giggle happy school girl feels...

http://imgur.com/dvotBZk

If link doesn't work, I'll edit and fix it.

#20 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

Itll kick the battlemaster out of top tier assault. And the A version will shine brightest, 2 uac 10s and 4 ermed or med pulse, or triple uac 5s with 4 ermeds or something similar. Its gonna be a monster. The other energy boat models will be fine too. Clan tech +battlemaster weight and mobility, look the F out.

And 20 bucks for 30 days of premium time, 4 mech bays(early adopter) a camo patern, is a deal right there. If one of the 4 mechs(roling dice on the A) is a winner, even better.

Edited by Lemming of the BDA, 27 August 2016 - 07:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users