14 replies to this topic

#1 Acid Phase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 553 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

I'm seeing an abundance of PPC in these matches. What is the reason?

#2 Adette

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Silver Champ
  • WC 2018 Silver Champ
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

3xPPC or 3xERPPC is 30 damage

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

PPFLD is better than lasers when you are limited to 30 damage unilaterally. As I said, balance will suffer.

Everyone got so excited about increased TTK without having to play smart they forgot about balance.

#4 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 August 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

PPFLD is better than lasers when you are limited to 30 damage unilaterally. As I said, balance will suffer.

Everyone got so excited about increased TTK without having to play smart they forgot about balance.

Thus the energy cap should no be equal to any multiple of 10 or 15? So lower it to 25 or even further?
Or is it better to also increase heat penalty for overdraw?

#5 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

View Postpyrocomp, on 18 August 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

Thus the energy cap should no be equal to any multiple of 10 or 15? So lower it to 25 or even further?

Give lasers a lower energy weight so they can do more damage like they are supposed to.

#6 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 August 2016 - 08:40 PM, said:

Give lasers a lower energy weight so they can do more damage like they are supposed to.
lasers to .85, maybe increase overdrawheat too.

I was able to run a 4 PPC Awesome and alpha three times back to back without shutting down (with penalty only around 32 heat)

The big takeaway here is that power draw does easy less than people anticipated. It's like a severely nerfed form of Ghost Heat.

View Postpyrocomp, on 18 August 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

the specific damage cap doesn't matter. It's fine to go over a bit, firing 40 damage right now only generates 5 extra heat, and that's 10 over cap.

#7 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 18 August 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

lasers to .85, maybe increase overdrawheat too.

I was able to run a 4 PPC Awesome and alpha three times back to back without shutting down (with penalty only around 32 heat)

The big takeaway here is that power draw does easy less than people anticipated. It's like a severely nerfed form of Ghost Heat.

the specific damage cap doesn't matter. It's fine to go over a bit, firing 40 damage right now only generates 5 extra heat, and that's 10 over cap.

Yeahhhh. They're either going to weight PPCs higher or the Awesome 8Q is getting a nerf. Which is a shame because it's still as wide as a barn and maneuvers as well as one. Although I had more fun chain firing them.

#8 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

Energy caps will (should) be adjusted so in the future the 3PPC meta will go away (in this form).

I for myself welcome our new Gauss overlord.

#9 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:43 AM

Looking at the PPC boat numbers 6xPPCs generated 101.75 (Holly Crap!) extra heat on GH1. Now those same 6 PPCs only generate 15 extra heat! Seriously.

Edited by Kaptain, 19 August 2016 - 02:43 AM.

#10 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostKaptain, on 19 August 2016 - 02:43 AM, said:

Looking at the PPC boat numbers 6xPPCs generated 101.75 (Holly Crap!) extra heat on GH1. Now those same 6 PPCs only generate 15 extra heat! Seriously.

Mind you, in the day a 60 point strike from a Stalker was OMGWTF. Now on live? It's not unusual to see 50pt gauss/ppc hits.

For a stalker to fire those 6 PPC's now is still 72 heat - less dangerous than Direwolf pushing 50pt gauss/PPC hits for (live) 30 heat. If you don't feel that's a serious problem, you certainly shouldn't feel that a 60pt for 72 heat is.

Said dual gauss/ppc blast now is 40 heat, incidentally, so it's curtailed somewhat from live.

#11 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

It *does* seem like Energy Draw, as it currently stands, is better for IS than for Clans, just due to where damage numbers lie, but even as a filthy Clanner, I'm ok with that.

If things end up too far towards IS, I'd really love to see some buffs to heavily nerfed clan weapons, particularly beam duration on lasers. If we've got to play more carefully with energy draw limits due to 11 and 13 damage heavy lasers, it'll be nice to have that rewarded with shorter durations =)

#12 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 19 August 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

It *does* seem like Energy Draw, as it currently stands, is better for IS than for Clans, just due to where damage numbers lie, but even as a filthy Clanner, I'm ok with that.

If things end up too far towards IS, I'd really love to see some buffs to heavily nerfed clan weapons, particularly beam duration on lasers. If we've got to play more carefully with energy draw limits due to 11 and 13 damage heavy lasers, it'll be nice to have that rewarded with shorter durations =)

Agreed on the Clan lasers..

#13 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

6 PPCs were a thing before ghost heat but consider that those PPCs were also WAY faster than what we have now and the STK has no PPC quirks.

This is a test, continue to report issues, the sky is not falling.

#14 Jatix

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

If you ppc before gauss you can gauss with no heat penelty so the system does nothing... Needs to be fixed so you cant gauss if you have ppc'd for liek 2 seconds.

#15 Znail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 19 August 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Mind you, in the day a 60 point strike from a Stalker was OMGWTF. Now on live? It's not unusual to see 50pt gauss/ppc hits.

For a stalker to fire those 6 PPC's now is still 72 heat - less dangerous than Direwolf pushing 50pt gauss/PPC hits for (live) 30 heat. If you don't feel that's a serious problem, you certainly shouldn't feel that a 60pt for 72 heat is.

Said dual gauss/ppc blast now is 40 heat, incidentally, so it's curtailed somewhat from live.

A lot of people seems to be missing this part. While you can now get larger alpha strikes using a single weapon type without exploding, so could you get around the old system totally by mixing weapons for even larger alpha strikes for no penalty at all. At least now so will those that do massive alpha strikes lose some sustained dps while doing so.

Edited by Znail, 19 August 2016 - 09:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users