Fired 1 C M. Pulse And Generated 5 Heat.

2 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealPope478

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

Was super stoked to check out the new mechanics and a good 4 hours updating the test server. I am a little confused and disappointed.

I didn't get to play a match due to being solo, but I spent a good 2 hours in the training grounds.

I like that Gauss rifles don't charge anymore, but I noticed something screwy with energy weapons. 2 gauss made no heat as advertised, but 2 ER PPCs still sent me up about 20 heat points. I tried 3 c ER large lasers which as advertised should be like 3 heat, and ended with about 40% heat. I tried a combo then. 1 Gauss and 1 ER PPC and still ended up getting heat even though it should have been less draw than 2 gauss. In frustration I tried 1 M. pulse all by itself. The energy barely moved yet I went up 5% heat.

Not sure if this is a testing grounds issue or if the new mechanic is broken.

Tried a few builds and didn't notice any real difference on C. UAC. My Dakka wolf still felt the same on TTK and heat.

The energy weapons felt a bit better cause I could mount 3 large lasers, but over all the penalty is going to punish energy boats.

All my testing was done on a Dire Wolf in caustic valley.

#2 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

what mech were you using, Edit- (ok DWF)

if you dont have enough heat sinks then you will still get higher heat,
when you fire 1PPC you should see 1/3 of your Energy bar disappear, 20=2/3energy 30=3/3 the full bar,

its sounding like an energy problem, remember they streamlined all DHSs,
so thats what you could be seeing, it all seemed to work right for me so perhaps its the change to the DHSs,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 19 August 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#3 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:51 PM

The new Power Draw set up is additional heat when you breach the 30 point soft damage cap. Or are you saying you were getting less heat than the mech lab said those weapons combinations were meant to give you. Because Power Draw is about how much damage you can do at once as well as how much damage you can rapidly do (30 damage limit or 20 dps).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users