Battlezone 2.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Velven

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Who else played this game? Waiting for MWO brings back old memories. Me and my best friend spent countless hours on this incredible game. Tell me about your experiences with it, and do you think there's a chance for MWO to have the same base building mechanics down the road?

Edited by Velven, 17 July 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Faceless Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

the first one was better, the 2nd one was weird alien ****.

Neat games overall though.

#3 CarpeMortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationFar out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Used to play it (and the "first" battlezone) at work during lunch breaks. I HIGHLY doubt the MWO will have the same base building mechanics... It's counter to the Btech universe, and doesn't fit with any of the "pillar" game play that they have been touting since Day 1. That being said, BZ2 was a VERY under-rated game. I played it for years and years.

#4 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Battlezone 1 was totally rad. Never liked the second one though.

#5 Mantis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

BZ2 was one of the first games I ever played regularly online, back in the early (late?) gamespy days.

I still go back and play it every now and then, the gameplay is still stupid fun, and I've not been able to find a game like it since :D

#6 Velven

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I never played the first one, I played the Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs on N64. If the first BZ was a better game I surely missed out on something great, because I adore BZ2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users