- - - - -

How Regular Are Events

7 replies to this topic

#1 Emperor Penguin

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:15 AM

Hi
I am a new player that started in September and so have been part of the heavy mech events (if only accidentally) the mechtoberfest event and the hunt the hunter event and was wondering if this number of events is normal or if i just picked a good time to start?

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:36 AM

puhh....I'm playing this game since closed beta and have to say....its hard to say.
There where times where there was hardly any grind event going on but stuff like maps and gamemodes comming and atm there are "events".
Can't say where this will go.

#3 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:42 AM

Currently there's almost always some event ongoing - if you go to the tournaments page on the MWO website, you can scroll back through them.

Five events since August - some for a week, others a fortnight.

Not every event appeals to every player and some events are bigger than others. Sometimes you get a day or two to breathe between events, but Mechtoberfest and Haunted and Hunted have run back-to-back and have both involved incentives to put in some matches every day.

Although I appreciate the skinner-box nature of the event to condition players - it is easy to allow yourself to succumb to the lure of somewhat random loot drops. IT can feel a bit exhausting though - particularly because two of my sons play and ask me to "do my KMDD for me". It means I end up trying to tick three people's boxes.

I'll be pleased for a bit of a rest.

#4 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:50 AM

That changes but before these new long events which you encountered i recall shorter (and harder in my opinion) events over a weekend ... on most weekends.

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:58 AM

Feels like three outta every four weeks or there abouts, we get an event. Mostly.

~Leone.

#6 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:16 AM

The amount of content excluding mech packs has been kinda limited recently, regular events distract from that. I have high hopes for Assault v2 and the as yet unnamed game mode.

#7 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:15 AM

In my limited experience I've noticed there is an event around most major U.S. holidays and after each new Mech release. So in the coming months I would expect Events to continue almost bi-weekly.

#8 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:34 AM

I'd say we used to have events maybe every other weekend, commonly extended a day or two before/after the weekend. But it was always in essence a "weekend event".

Just thes past few weeks, it seems they're trying new things, including multiple events running on top of one another. Also longer events like the latest ones which lasted for up to two weeks. So who knows whether this'll be the new style.

I really liked the latest events which gave a less of a pressure to get your rewards within a 2-3 day time window. Real life can really get in the way, and I like the more flexible time windows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users