Summoner Hitboxes

9 replies to this topic

#1 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:59 AM

I don't know why, but I feel like my Summoner is MUCH more fragile than a Trebuchet - which is not known to be a tough mech. Torsos and legs fly off it like they're attached with paper paste.

Does anyone have a diagram of the hitboxes on a Summoner?

#2 SHIN BRODAMA

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 67 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:05 AM

Weird, I feel exactly the opposite when piloting mine. Tanks like a champ, I end up in lots of matches where everything is internal but I still have 1 or both peeps left to fire.

Here's a hitbox guide for clam mechs tho. https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

#3 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

There isn't a mech in the universe more fragile then the Trebuchet, and you know it.

That being said, it does appear to be one of the mechs with a torso component that can be hit from all 360 degrees, so maybe that's the issue.

#4 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

View PostSho sa ShinYodama, on 04 November 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

Weird, I feel exactly the opposite when piloting mine. Tanks like a champ, I end up in lots of matches where everything is internal but I still have 1 or both peeps left to fire.

Here's a hitbox guide for clam mechs tho. https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

That is awesome!

#5 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:18 AM

View PostSho sa ShinYodama, on 04 November 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

Thanks.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

Summoner legs have always been really bad. We're lucky they have some quirks now. One issue is people who know they're bad shoot at them. I know I focus on the legs when I see them.

When I run my summer I been dual ppc on sides so I can use as much cover as I can to protect them.

#7 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:31 AM

SMN torsos are pretty good hitbox and sometimes quirkwise. Legs are fairly easy to blow off, but you'll usualy not get much chance if it's poptarting due to hardly exposing them most of the time. Plus they usually run max or near max leg armor so it's not really a short cut to getting rid of them if it's in the open and you can aim

#8 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 November 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

SMN torsos are pretty good hitbox and sometimes quirkwise. Legs are fairly easy to blow off, but you'll usualy not get much chance if it's poptarting due to hardly exposing them most of the time. Plus they usually run max or near max leg armor so it's not really a short cut to getting rid of them if it's in the open and you can aim

I run mine with 35 leg armor, and I'm not sure if I've been legged once in 60 battles.

They do have +15 leg structure quirks, which makes them a touch more durable than normal and allows me to shave that ton of armor off for use elsewhere.

Edited by Zergling, 05 November 2016 - 12:39 PM.

#9 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:10 AM

If you have the missile pod sitting on the ST, your st will get wrecked!

#10 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostBombast, on 04 November 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

There isn't a mech in the universe more fragile then the Trebuchet, and you know it.

Well, if you make it go below 100 kph, yeah, you're going to have issues with being hit a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users