Centurion Ncix

12 replies to this topic

#1 CD0UG

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

for all you having trouble with this build. twist and alpha.

lbx10, 3 srm 60, 2 tonens ammo lbx,, 3 tonnes srm, and xl 260 to go 90k

if thats not enough ammo for u, drop to a 245 to go 85k, 2 tonnes lbx ammo, 4 tonnes srm ammo, and shave a bit of armor of each leg, the shield arm, and a bit of ur gun arm and head do fit in the double heat sink thast required.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d2cb804a3f59836

just adjust armor and drop engine for the more ammo build.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

I've gone a different route: TECHTIP

Gauss + 2 Medium lasers with a Std260. Cheap, simple and effective.

2.5 tonnes of ammo keep me going for 90% of matches and the 2 medium lasers combined with a Std engine allow me to work as a zombie. It doesn't need double-sinks and the Std260 is a fairly common engine size so you might even have one sitting around already (Check your Catapult/Thunderbolts/Jagers).

Edited by VonBruinwald, 13 November 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#3 Avian Blackfrost

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 24 posts
  • LocationZootopia, Zootopia Police Dept

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

I have a build with reduced firepower but increased tanking potential.

CN9-A(NCIX)

The entire right side is to be used as one giant shield to protect CT. The shield arm protects the LT.

3xSRM6 and 2xML means it can deal a good amount of damage per alpha and a little bit of AMS adds some extra protection.

Edit: Updated build with double heatsinks.

Edited by Avian Blackfrost, 13 November 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#4 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:41 AM

Problem of the Cent is the same as with all IS meds.
You either go slow and carry enough weapons to do something and rely on luck to not get one or twohitted by any random assault or heavy Clan Mech while getting in range or you go for max mobility peek and shoot style gameplay and still beeing much to big for effectively beeing able to avoid enemy fire.

Either way. You rely on luck or an enemy that desides to go for an more threatening enemy first than to harvest easy kills to be able to do any significant ammount of dmg.

#5 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:48 AM

View PostAvian Blackfrost, on 13 November 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

I have a build with reduced firepower but increased tanking potential.

CN9-A(NCIX)

The entire right side is to be used as one giant shield to protect CT. The shield arm protects the LT.

3xSRM6 and 2xML means it can deal a good amount of damage per alpha and a little bit of AMS adds some extra protection.

Edit: Updated build with double heatsinks.

Remove AMS, DHS and arm armour, add better Engine and Artemis, and you get the metabuild for this Mech.
Which actually works OK. For scouting it is way better than using the arm ballistic.
It’s only sorry for the AC10 quirks.

#6 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:35 AM

Id go for this,
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...317621728b80568

#7 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:56 AM

http://[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5b6cbe71ecd302a[/smurfy]WOW. the only possible option for it, as it sits between my cent-A zombie(std eng 3srm6 +2ML) mech. On the other side, is my Yen lo Wang.(std eng AC20+2ML)

along with my champion centurian CN9-AH filling out the AC10 + 10srm total- more dps than yen lo. but less than NCIX cent,

NCIX cent - std eng(for zombie mode) 2ML ct for zombie mode and srm4 +srm4 +srm2 for 10srm total and all the while he carries a AC10 or lbx 10 on his arm. its half an atlas. its totally savage there is no other choice of build lol face wreking fast mobile with plenty of damage soak. XL is a waste of a centurian

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 14 November 2016 - 05:03 AM.

#8 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:41 AM

I did XL275 and Gauss with LPL - once I get some skills in it I might throw in some srm's

#9 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

Correct build
CN9-A(NCIX)

#10 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

here you go.

Its fast, tanky, and it hits hard. It is a little toasty, but I only use this for scouting on cold maps.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8e412ff840be8b2

#11 Avian Blackfrost

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 24 posts
  • LocationZootopia, Zootopia Police Dept

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostKuaron, on 14 November 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

Remove AMS, DHS and arm armour, add better Engine and Artemis, and you get the metabuild for this Mech.
Which actually works OK. For scouting it is way better than using the arm ballistic.
It’s only sorry for the AC10 quirks.

I can get behind most of these ideas.... one less DHS wont hurt, and Artemis is always nice.

As for the engine.... I'm currently using a hand-me-down.

Edited by Avian Blackfrost, 14 November 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#12 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:09 AM

Edited by Black Lanner, 15 November 2016 - 03:31 AM.

#13 N0D

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:06 AM

Also, i'd like to share an lrm support CN9, for those, who want to exploit +30% c-bills from hero mech status, but aren't fond of (more times then not) suicidal close range brawling. This build isn't that really effective (stats-wise, in particular), but hey, one must make use of what he has on hands, and it's not like many of new players have dozens of hero mechs at their disposal to choose from.
Onto other builds now, as i see them.

View PostCD0UG, on 13 November 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

I don't get it. Why? For 1 more ton spent you could had AC10 with its pinpoint damage and additional -5% cooldown quirk. 3xSrms6 are nice, but again, without Artemis, they spread all over the place. You have to almost facehug your enemy with this loadout for it being effective, but you have XL engine... so it's way too risky to do that.

View PostAvian Blackfrost, on 13 November 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

As Kuaron already said, you might want to make some improvements. Firstly, you already have 14 free slots, so why no Ferro-Fibrous armor? It frees 1.12t of armor mass. Next, AMS is somewhat redundant, because radar derp will save you from enemy lrms in a way better way. With 1 DHS removed, this opens 3+ tons, which are needed for Artemis, which decreases SRM spread (this is a good thing). After this you can fiddle around with armor, last non-internal DHS, and engine power to adjust/amplify what you see as more important. Result may look something like this.

View PostTheLuc, on 14 November 2016 - 02:35 AM, said:

That may work, but you should really consider the build i stated just above this. It has almost 13 more burst firepower without sacrificing much at all.

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 14 November 2016 - 04:56 AM, said:

I'm not trying to be rude here, but this is probably the worst CN9 build i've ever seen. Slow, hot, with less armor then meta, etc - too many problems with it for me to bother to explain.

View Postmogs01gt, on 14 November 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Again, that could work, but has some room for improvement. Triple SRM2 would had better dps and tighter spread all the while with less weight, which could've been used for more armor, ammo, or better engine, like, XL 270.

View PostBoogie138, on 14 November 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

Very nice, but 2 mpls instead of mls aren't worth 54 armor and 50 SRM ammo, imo. Notably, armor in the arms. Centurion has some nice, "shieldful" arms, especially the left one. With proper torsotwist they can help you stay alive for awhile longer.

If anyone has better ideas or wants to correct me - i'm all open for a good discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users