Kdk-1 Most Powerful Alpha?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:03 AM

Is this the strongest KDK-1 alpha in the game. Should I not post this so I don't get face planted by it before I get my engine for it and get to try it out. ><

KDK-1 Ultimate

I would presume you do whatever it does to let the LPL's be the top two weapons for peaking a little. Then the rest you just use to dominate....

Does the lack of Artemis make it a no deal? Not sure what to do with weapons mods tbh.

I think the lack of ammo is alright because the idea is Face plane the 4 enemy assaults then the rest of the build is still strong enough to kill heavies and lower! ><

There is also these versions with 134/137 alphas:

KDK-1 137 Alpha
KDK-1 137 Alpha2
And
KDK-1 134 Alpha

Edited by Arugela, 29 November 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#2 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:42 AM

Hate to break it to you but the builds are a bit nuts.

I doubt you could alpha the ultimate build once (70+ heat), pretty sure you will shutdown if you doubletab the uac.
There is no way you can "face plane" a whole assault lance with "that".

#3 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:49 AM

Well. A+ for raw firepower but F for sustainability. All of those builds are going to be so hot you'll probably get to fire once and then explode or shut down. I didn't really like the KDK-1 because of just how many energy hardpoints it has. It's too much. And I can't even arrive at a build I like that incorporates a one-two punch like I can my Nova. My Nova has 12 ER Small Lasers. 6 in each arm. I fire one arm, then the other. If I alpha strike the thing I instantly shut down and there's a good chance I'll blow up. But the KDK-1 has 4 energy in each arm, 1 in the CT, 2 missiles in one torso, and one ballistic in the other. There is simply zero ways of utilizing every hardpoint on the 'mech without being too hot to really be viable for alpha striking and the amount of weapon groups I am going to have to have to split up the amount of weapons this thing has in order to keep from overheating is too many. The KDK-3 is the current creme of the crop of both Kodiaks and just Assault 'mechs in general. Personally, my Kodiak is a KDK-2.

Edited by Mole, 29 November 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#4 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:38 AM

No, they can alpha. They have the exact 100% heat ammount.... That is enough to alpha strike the Biggest assaults and partially damage the ct... I play a slightly weaker version of the KDK-1 with 125 alpha atm. It's very easy to get off if you don't play stupidly.

The Ultimate build has 71.88 heat and it takes 72 heat to alpha. It will trigger override but come back up instantaneously. And if you alpha without it you shouldn't incur a damage penalty at all unless walking or something.

And you don't attack an entire assault lance all at once. You stay back and get them one at a time. I was refering to the ammo ammount and how much it takes to kill units over the match. After ammo is gone it still has 81 alpha with only 60 heat from energy weapons. That is 81 alpha plus the 4 SPL's afterwords for 105 damage in 2 seconds.

Edit: NVM, I calculated the heat without the missiles... I swear to god... I've calculated that a hundred times.

Late nights and TI-83s don't mix... 8\

Edited by Arugela, 29 November 2016 - 12:34 PM.

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostArugela, on 29 November 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

with only 60 heat from energy weapons

"only"

Oh well, giving that you probably won't use the SPL because range, you might get away with the MPL/LPL.

But honestly, that's a total lolpha build. Alpha someone in the face and then die a dogs death.
I'd prefer to cut down on weaponry (and use them all anyways) and go for more cooling.
For example this shortrange brawler kdk-1. You will probably get more damage out of it over time then the 300dmg (2xlolpha) builds above.

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

You have a heat problem so bad that its impossible for you to alpha without overheating, you have terrible weapon synergy, and you still don't have the ability to oneshot other assault mechs, so at best you cripple an enemy assault and then die since you ran into brawling range only to end up overheating.

Here's a high alpha build with synergy, range, less heat issues, the ability to alpha more than once, and higher speed.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3ce5849ea8f4f48

Its still not great because in general the KDK-1 isn't great and suffers from rather high heat builds often times.

#7 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

Pew-Bear (160)

You said the highest alpha, not the highest sustainable alpha.. I suggest chain-firing the PPCs where possible, you should only pull out the alpha when you have no other choice.

#8 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

Well, well if it isn't our mad scientist Arugela :P

I do wonder if you actually try those crazy, unpractical and super hot builds ? I do hope so :)

Not that I want to hijack the thread but I was wondering if any one did try this before ???

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c7f8d342b01ca67

#9 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

I hadn't tried the ones with the non 395/400 engine. I was saving up to get them. Then I noticed I miscalculated the heat for the high alpha one... If I had calculated it correctly it might have one shotted with good crit... If not really close. Glad I caught the error before buying the engine.

The 125 alpha one I use normally. It is very good It can do another swat of 30 of another attack after for more damage. I've come to the conclusion that is what the KDK-1 is for. I redid the math and realized that the 400 xl engine had more Damage over time with I dropped it back down to the 11SPL's for 118 damage plus two swatt of 24 for 166 damage max per heat build. If you alpha. It's pretty good for how fast it is. The SPL's have cd for 1.75-2.25 second timers. So in less than 2 seconds you can blast it for 142-166 damage.

The good thing about the 4/s heat is that it only takes 2 seconds for 24 damage or 3-3.5 seconds to get enough for 24-40 damage.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f38533d48147f16

Though this is a common build I'm sure.

Oh, and as I meant to say. I use the KDK1/5 for high attack builds/face strippers. The others I use for multi alpha strike builds.

My normal builds:

KDK-1
KDK-2
KDK-3 <-Haven't bought this engine yet.
KDK-4
KDK-5
KDK-SB

When I oops on the calculation I thought I found a new near single hit kill alpha I had missed. I started reworking my KDK1/5 too see what I had missed...

Is this what people consider better?

KDK-5Synergy?

Edited by Arugela, 29 November 2016 - 07:37 PM.

#10 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

Arugela, to be honest there is many ways to load up your Mechs that you should take advice or opinions as more guide lines than an actual facts, test the setups you did like 5 to 10 matches to get a good average of how you do with your creations. To build and test is a big part of the fun so just get wild and test those crazy Mechs, who knows ? You may find something that works for you.

The KDK-5 Laser Vomit you posted has a lot of penalties regarding heat, all the numbers are in yellow, means you will heat up much more than normal and at 24% of heat efficiency, most likely you will blow yourself up after an alpha. Again if you are able to manage it, why not :)

Personally I prefer my KDK-5 like this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7c5e2c6e9b4b05f

Here are builds that work for me,
KDK-1 http://mwo.smurfy-ne...98df8d750d9eee5

KDK-2 http://mwo.smurfy-ne...151b2f65d1fc4f9

KDK-3 http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4d457738dd945d6

KDK-4 http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3a73e0ca87d8f8b

KDK-SB http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3e40eda6977536f

Trying to find your own balance is really the key. The biggest alpha wont cut it for everyone, also some players feel at home with some super dakka Mechs instead even with LRMs some players do well :)

While Meta Mechs can seem the easy button, its not the case of all players, I know its not mine.

Edited by TheLuc, 29 November 2016 - 07:56 PM.

#11 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 29 November 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

Hate to break it to you but the builds are a bit nuts.

I doubt you could alpha the ultimate build once (70+ heat), pretty sure you will shutdown if you doubletab the uac.
There is no way you can "face plane" a whole assault lance with "that".

Yep another T5 thread with a whole bunch of builds with the most disgusting of heat efficiency and basically one shot wonders that will see you shutdown and then, die.

#12 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 29 November 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Yep another T5 thread with a whole bunch of builds with the most disgusting of heat efficiency and basically one shot wonders that will see you shutdown and then, die.

Those high Alpha one shot wonders are inspired from TheB33f :P

#13 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:43 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 29 November 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Yep another T5 thread

T5 is a very special and beautiful place.

#14 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:58 PM

Indeed...

This is a KDK2 I run, and it is HOT. 38% efficiency doesn't tell you the full story and hence doing "paper builds" sometimes doesn't tell you. You can alpha twice and then it's trouble time.

So you have to play smart and only use the LBX when there is an open component, and make short work of it. It's actually a really brutal build if used correctly.

And a rough example of a KDK4. I've changed it armour distribution wise but it works quite well also. You can also do something a bit silly KDK4. Doesn't work so well for me without any cERPPC velocity quirks/TC etc. But if you like to run a little hot for a laugh it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users