17 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

I hope it changes up how over quirked mechs are done...aka no more of this give this one mech, tons of structure,energy duration, energy heat, and energy cooldown. I hope every mech does get these kind of over done quriks ripped off it. And given in the skill tree...BUT you can only pick a few of those benefits. No more meta chassis thay people only grab cause they come all quirked out. No more you get every benefit and no draw backs...if you want energy duration reduced make it so you cant get heat efficient quirks, if you want more structure then your mech will not be as agile, if you want to go fast you can't get the acceleration quriks ect ect.

Anyone else? I want these meta try hard quirk proper up mechs to suffer!

Edited by CK16, 18 December 2016 - 02:45 PM.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

just remember a lot of time complaining only makes things worse

(old ANG proverb)

so consider this a preemptive I told you so

#3 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

Quirks will stay, only under a different name (Base stats or something like that). Good decision, I hope PGI implements it correctly (chassis specific bonuses need to be a thing). Without Quirks, most of the remaining IS mechs that see regular use in higher levels of play would not be used anymore (when hardpoint layout/locations and hitboxes become the only "variables"). Less variance is bad, mkay? The current situation is bad enough as it is, and a lot of IS mechs could use some serious Quirk buffs.

On second thought, who am I kidding? Without Quirks, nobody being serious about the game would use a single IS mech, lol.

#4 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

All I care about right now is the lack of flamer and MG quirks.

#5 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

Quirks are needed for balance between mechs and variants.

Some mechs/components wouldn´t see any play anymore... again. Awesome right?
Check out the ACH-A/B left torso - why would anyone build something like that?

There should be an advantage for bad hitboxes, symetry and lower/fewer/no hardpoints.

#6 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostCK16, on 18 December 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

I hope it changes up how over quirked mechs are done...aka no more of this give this one mech, tons of structure,energy duration, energy heat, and energy cooldown. I hope every mech does get these kind of over done quriks ripped off it. And given in the skill tree...BUT you can only pick a few of those benefits. No more meta chassis thay people only grab cause they come all quirked out. No more you get every benefit and no draw backs...if you want energy duration reduced make it so you cant get heat efficient quirks, if you want more structure then your mech will not be as agile, if you want to go fast you can't get the acceleration quriks ect ect.

I hope we have to make a choice whether we want to be sturdy, agile or powerful and not get two or all choices. Kinda afraid it will just be a "grind your mech" and select 75% of all skill nodes except the terrible ones like "go up a 10% slope 2kph faster".

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

No more meta chassis thay people only grab cause they come all quirked out. No more you get every benefit and no draw backs...

You're forgetting that superquirked mechs generally have innate drawbacks like bad hitboxes or hardpoints that warranted those quirks in the first place.

If PGI messes this up, the mechs that are already beastly without any quirks (the meta chassis) will receive far greater benefit from Skill Tree 1.0 than underpowered mechs do. Then you'll just be calling those people tryhards instead and nothing will have been adjusted.

The strongest mechs in each weight class (a few certain Clan ones) have minimal quirks or none at all. The true tryhard mechs will reap the rewards if the system turns out the way it's expected to.

Edited by FupDup, 18 December 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#8 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

It's already been stated quirks are staying

#9 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

I am sorry I refuse to think a mech like the grasshopper NEEDs energy duration AND energy heat gen quirks...one or the other not both....no mech needs that kind of quirks and sick of seeing alot of IS mechs getting both and most used are not even horrid mechs like a Dragon....

#10 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostCK16, on 18 December 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

I am sorry I refuse to think a mech like the grasshopper NEEDs energy duration AND energy heat gen quirks...one or the other not both....no mech needs that kind of quirks and sick of seeing alot of IS mechs getting both and most used are not even horrid mechs like a Dragon....

I can't tell if you're saying the Dragon is horrid, or isn't horrid. Please be the former.

#11 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 18 December 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

I can't tell if you're saying the Dragon is horrid, or isn't horrid. Please be the former.

Dragon is bad...mmmkay?

#12 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:05 AM

View PostCK16, on 18 December 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

Dragon is bad...mmmkay?

Bad Dragon, bad Dragon... NO!... Bad boy.. Don't eat that maiden! Put down that dwarf!

Errrrr... sorry, wrong setting? Posted Image

#13 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

View PostCK16, on 18 December 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

Dragon is bad...mmmkay?

Only if the pilot is bad...

#14 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:20 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 19 December 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

Only if the pilot is bad...

I have a couple team mates in MJ12 that use 3LPL Dragons very well. I am also quite partial to the Flame. The Dragon can work as it was always intended to. A skirmisher that uses hit and run tactics. It is in no way a brawler or front line mech but, it has a small niche that only a few pilots, that I have seen, can fill well

Edited by The Potatoe Whisperer, 19 December 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#15 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:14 AM

Show me on the doll where the bad IS mech shot at you...

#16 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,663 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

I am sorry I refuse to think a mech like the grasshopper NEEDs energy duration AND energy heat gen quirks...one or the other not both....

Considering it is just used in comp for ERLL spam and that it is it I'd say the quirks/hitboxes are still not enough to actually make it compete with things like the Timby, Summoner, or Night Gyr (two of which have no quirks).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 19 December 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#17 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

If anything, these new skill trees make me wanna play meta Clan mechs even more. All those sweet heat reduction, duration reduction, and jam reduction skills! On meta Clan mechs!

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 19 December 2016 - 08:35 AM.

#18 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

View PostThe Potatoe Whisperer, on 19 December 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

I have a couple team mates in MJ12 that use 3LPL Dragons very well. I am also quite partial to the Flame. The Dragon can work as it was always intended to. A skirmisher that uses hit and run tactics. It is in no way a brawler or front line mech but, it has a small niche that only a few pilots, that I have seen, can fill well

I make good use out of my DRG-1C, DRG-1N and DRG-5N. As you can see I use them as cavalry mechas, stick and move, stick and move.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users