If Everyone Just Want Everything To Be Everything Else, Then I Have A Proposal... (Sigh, Another Balance Rant)

6 replies to this topic

#1 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:45 AM

The obvious SMARTEST way to go about is, is to make EVERY single mech pilot different... like drastically different. And EVERY tech unique, even between IS laser and Clan laser.

But... alas, that's too late, too ambitious, and has no precedent.

So, salvaging what we have... it seems like the simple thing to me is just to open up all tech to everyone like in Mech 3.

(I mean, after the Clan Invasion, which I guess PGI intends to jump past Fedcom Civil War... all techs meshed together anyhow)

So IS Mechs can use Clan tech. And Clan tech can use IS tech.

Now, obviously, people will try to pack as much Clan tech possible, so I propose negative quirk for "force-compatible environment."

Meaning for example, if Clan XL is installed in IS Mech, you get reduced speed or something.

Same for weapon, same for whatever.

That way, IS pilots can build the IS TBF that they always wanted. And Clan can.... just remain Clan (HAHA, PWNED!)

As for the hotly contested engine debate...

Honestly, as a Clanner, I strip side torso to eliminate 40~100% of your firepower. I don't do it to XL check anyhow. So if IS XL works exactly the same as Clan XL, then I really don't care. BUT I think where the hangout is the TT rule regarding engine crits. In that scenario, I proposed before for IS XL to take up more slots. But, because people will cry anyhow, what the hell... just like... increase movement penalty for losing a side torso or something.

(or, install Clan XL for permanent speed reduction)

Watch every Warhammer, Grasshopper, and other meta IS mechs to never go back to Std engine, effectively murdering that brand 'cept for few selected mechs such as my dual lbx10 Atlas.

But I guess since everyone wants everything to be like everything, I just figure... eh, why not. Let's have 12 timberwolf clones running around every game. Oh boy, wouldn't that be fun?

(half serious/half sarcastic)

Edited by razenWing, 25 January 2017 - 04:46 AM.

#2 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:51 AM

Blasphemy.

#3 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:51 AM

Well, people don't whine about balance because it's so much fun. If faction balance had just been a little better to start with, and if PGI didn't decide to make faction balance worse with every patch lately we could all have had more fun. Posted Image

Edited by Duke Nedo, 25 January 2017 - 04:52 AM.

#4 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:13 AM

At a certain point mech techs could be mixed but there are VERY few units (around 60, out of thousands of mech variants) that are officially listed as mixed tech in the lore.

There are rules in CBT for retrofitting clan tech on IS mechs but it was not easy and often can have detrimental results.

#5 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:04 AM

You should leave this kind of thing to Cazidin. He's better at it.

#6 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

View Posttopgun505, on 25 January 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

At a certain point mech techs could be mixed but there are VERY few units (around 60, out of thousands of mech variants) that are officially listed as mixed tech in the lore.

There are rules in CBT for retrofitting clan tech on IS mechs but it was not easy and often can have detrimental results.

Right, and there are like very few mentioning of a jj-capable Timberwolf in lore... yet everyone is running one. So really, there is no problem.

View PostBombast, on 25 January 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

You should leave this kind of thing to Cazidin. He's better at it.

Who?

#7 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

You seem to be missing the point that the majority of us want and understand needs to happen...well most of us here on the forum i should say. Majority might be giving too much credit...

But we want the XL gap closed either completely or at least some, so to do such a thing you can nerf the clan XL, but that in itself is the opposite of what PGI is trying to do, which is make mechs live longer and have better matches (increasing TTK) nerfing stuff that has to do with survivabilty is not the way to go about that i think we can all agree there.

SO that leaves us with ONE option and that option is to BUFF the IS XL, but in order to do that and not just create some crazy Power Creep on the IS side you must also buff the STD engine. It doesnt and should be the same because thats just silly, but in order for thing to stay equal to each other but get better vs other equipment in the game you MUST buff both or one is lost to the sands of Tourmaline while the other is the new meta.

So its not that we want everything to be the same, no Vanilla Warrior here, but we understand that many things may need to change (as far as engines go) in order for the baseline issue to be resolved and that is the abysmal TTK on IS XL's. If someone gets a lucky shot/crit or catches you sleeping its game over and most are rightfully getting really tired of it.

Why so much hate against changing it? It's the one of the few things PGI hasn't messed with yet and why not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users