13 replies to this topic

#1 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:21 PM

First, I want to apologize if I put this in the wrong area. I'm surprised that there isn't a general help sub-forum in the Support & Feedback section of the main forums. I thought there would be an area for people that are having problems with graphics, mechanical problems, or add-on periphery. To PGI, why isn't there a section like that?

Secondly, I bought some very expensive Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro pedals the other day to specifically play MWO with them. I was tired of constantly taking my hand off of my mouse to accelerate and to back up during games to reach the throttle on my joystick. However, today as I loaded the software and the calibration software and had Windows 10 recognize them, I tried to run them up under the MWO settings to no avail. It didn't matter if I tried the Keyboard or the Joystick settings, it wouldn't see them whenever I tried to link them to the acceleration/reverse keys.

Does any one know if there is some way to make pedals work in MWO? I would hate to think the primary reason I bought them wouldn't work the way I wanted them to. Can someone either help me out or at least point me in the direct of getting them to work in game? Thank you.

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

That section you are referring to is this.

As for testing whether or not the pedals are detected by MWO, did you try binding one or more pedals to an analog input setting?

#3 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

I have my GTA pedals and steering wheel working fine in MWO. Horn is my alpha.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

I use a StinkyBoard and have mapped it to MWO funtions without trouble.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

Where is the obligatory pedals-bus driver pic?

#6 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

View PostScum of the Earth, on 27 January 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

First, I want to apologize if I put this in the wrong area. I'm surprised that there isn't a general help sub-forum in the Support & Feedback section of the main forums. I thought there would be an area for people that are having problems with graphics, mechanical problems, or add-on periphery. To PGI, why isn't there a section like that?

Secondly, I bought some very expensive Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro pedals the other day to specifically play MWO with them. I was tired of constantly taking my hand off of my mouse to accelerate and to back up during games to reach the throttle on my joystick. However, today as I loaded the software and the calibration software and had Windows 10 recognize them, I tried to run them up under the MWO settings to no avail. It didn't matter if I tried the Keyboard or the Joystick settings, it wouldn't see them whenever I tried to link them to the acceleration/reverse keys.

Does any one know if there is some way to make pedals work in MWO? I would hate to think the primary reason I bought them wouldn't work the way I wanted them to. Can someone either help me out or at least point me in the direct of getting them to work in game? Thank you.

wrong section as has been pointed out... but they do work as others have talked about using them.

#7 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

View PostMystere, on 27 January 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

That section you are referring to is this.

As for testing whether or not the pedals are detected by MWO, did you try binding one or more pedals to an analog input setting?

OK... I wouldn't expect to look under the Hyper-Generator sub-forum to look for player help... *shrug* Seems an odd place to put it instead of under the Support forum. But, thank you for pointing it out.

Next; no, I haven't bound it to an analog input setting. To the best of my knowledge, it's all digital since I can change the dead zones in it and it's pressure sensitive. Is there a some magic way of getting them to analog without a 3rd party unsupported software to do it? It's definitely not a supported function from Thrustmaster. Nothing in their drivers to switch it from analog to digital. Please and thank you for any help.

#8 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:30 AM

View PostScum of the Earth, on 28 January 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

OK... I wouldn't expect to look under the Hyper-Generator sub-forum to look for player help... *shrug* Seems an odd place to put it instead of under the Support forum. But, thank you for pointing it out.

Next; no, I haven't bound it to an analog input setting. To the best of my knowledge, it's all digital since I can change the dead zones in it and it's pressure sensitive. Is there a some magic way of getting them to analog without a 3rd party unsupported software to do it? It's definitely not a supported function from Thrustmaster. Nothing in their drivers to switch it from analog to digital. Please and thank you for any help.

Oops!

By "analog" I meant the "Torso Twist", "Pitch", and "Analog Turn" settings on the "Controller" section of MWO. If you have not already done that, try to do so. It seems rather odd that MWO is unable to detect the pedals when Windows 10 itself can.

Finally, you stated that you bought the T3PA-Pro specifically to play MWO. Did I get you right? If so, what made you decide to get "racing" instead of "flight" pedals? I am asking because the T3PA-Pro is primarily an add-on to a racing wheel, which you made no mention of. Or are you using it with a T.RJ12 USB adapter? If so, is the switch on the adapter at the right position?

I am trying to figure out your actual physical set up.

Edited by Mystere, 28 January 2017 - 02:16 AM.

#9 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:15 AM

Don't own this so, generally, using pedals for throttle, hmm.

Pedals send separate analog signals, what MWO expects is single combined signal, if using analog line. TM software support?
Other option, which is keystroke conversion, for that additional program is needed indeed. If TM's own does not support, then 3rd party it is.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 27 January 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Where is the obligatory pedals-bus driver pic?

Pedals =\= Steering Wheels. :P

I use mine for PTT mostly. Works great.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostTercieI, on 28 January 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

Pedals =\= Steering Wheels. Posted Image

I use mine for PTT mostly. Works great.

It doesn't matter. The pic is legendary. :P

#12 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 January 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

It doesn't matter. The pic is legendary. Posted Image

LOL. Twoof.

#13 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:24 AM

View PostMystere, on 28 January 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

Oops!

By "analog" I meant the "Torso Twist", "Pitch", and "Analog Turn" settings on the "Controller" section of MWO. If you have not already done that, try to do so. It seems rather odd that MWO is unable to detect the pedals when Windows 10 itself can.

Finally, you stated that you bought the T3PA-Pro specifically to play MWO. Did I get you right? If so, what made you decide to get "racing" instead of "flight" pedals? I am asking because the T3PA-Pro is primarily an add-on to a racing wheel, which you made no mention of. Or are you using it with a T.RJ12 USB adapter? If so, is the switch on the adapter at the right position?

I am trying to figure out your actual physical set up.

To your first question; yes, I did. It is currently set to my joystick's throttle slider but trying to rebind them to the pedals doesn't work. Even tried to go down to the Movement section to bind them there as well to no avail. Of the 3 pedals, I'm trying to configure the right one to forward, the middle to reverse, and having either the left pedal as JJs or MASC... not sure which one I want for sure yet. But, trying to bind the left pedal to either one hasn't worked either.

To your other question, yes, they are more of a car racing pedals then otherwise as they can be set up for F1 of GT racing. Still, they're solid metal which is my biggest pro for getting them but I do also have my assortment of racing and airplane games as well that I play. But it was primarily MWO and my other Mech games that I did buy these for. The pedals themselves also have an airplane setting to use as well on the adapter.

#14 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostScum of the Earth, on 28 January 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

To your first question; yes, I did. It is currently set to my joystick's throttle slider but trying to rebind them to the pedals doesn't work. Even tried to go down to the Movement section to bind them there as well to no avail. Of the 3 pedals, I'm trying to configure the right one to forward, the middle to reverse, and having either the left pedal as JJs or MASC... not sure which one I want for sure yet. But, trying to bind the left pedal to either one hasn't worked either.

To your other question, yes, they are more of a car racing pedals then otherwise as they can be set up for F1 of GT racing. Still, they're solid metal which is my biggest pro for getting them but I do also have my assortment of racing and airplane games as well that I play. But it was primarily MWO and my other Mech games that I did buy these for. The pedals themselves also have an airplane setting to use as well on the adapter.

That makes sense. Heck, I am using Thrustmaster's T.Flight Rudder Pedals in Assetto Corsa ... and a joystick (until I get a wheel, that is). Posted Image

What setting do you have on the adapter? Did you try it using the other setting?

Beyond that, I'm stumped on what's going on.

Edited by Mystere, 28 January 2017 - 11:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users