15 replies to this topic

#1 HerbieTheCar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNauru, Central Pacific Ocean

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

What is the point of the Skill points? I've now lost even more progress on the "skills" of my mechs than ever before. My Historic Skill points can't even let me full spec out ONE SINGLE MECH, while on the old build, I had multiple mechs mastered. Sure, the refund is great and all, but what about the overall transfer of equivalent skills over to the new build? I disapprove of this. It honestly seems like you people are trying to half-*** this skill tree BS and are trying to shove it down our throats because you guys are "developers" of this game. You guys are also trying to compensate it by releasing the Civil War update at a later date.

#2 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

I haven't logged in yet, but as I've read the notes, any mech you've "Mastered" under the Live system, should be completely mastered under the new system as well even if you ignore module purchases. Am I misunderstanding the notes?

#3 HerbieTheCar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

That's what people are telling me. If you have a mastered a mech under the old system, you have 91 SP to convert and use. But that's not the case. I've mastered the Locust but only have 51 HSP. Have not fully mastered the Bushwacker, have 54 HSP. WTF?

#4 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

Screen shot it and send that as an email. Make sure it's not a glitch in the system.

#5 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostHerbieTheCar, on 25 April 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

What is the point of the Skill points? I've now lost even more progress on the "skills" of my mechs than ever before. My Historic Skill points can't even let me full spec out ONE SINGLE MECH, while on the old build, I had multiple mechs mastered. Sure, the refund is great and all, but what about the overall transfer of equivalent skills over to the new build? I disapprove of this. It honestly seems like you people are trying to half-*** this skill tree BS and are trying to shove it down our throats because you guys are "developers" of this game. You guys are also trying to compensate it by releasing the Civil War update at a later date.

You are looking at something wrong. The refund is very generous. I am actually able to Master more Mechs under the current system than the old.

#6 Sauron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMordor, NJ

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

even if you have the enough points or more than enough points to "master" a mech that's already mastered....

What does that matter if the values you get your boosts to when spending the 91 points cannot get the mech back to where it was in terms of things like speed, mobility, armor, velocity, range, electronics, etc etc.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems to me this system is just forcing us to take buffs to the mech we may not want, eating up our points and leaving us with a build that is inferior to our current builds.

Edited by Sauron, 25 April 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#7 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostHerbieTheCar, on 25 April 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

That's what people are telling me. If you have a mastered a mech under the old system, you have 91 SP to convert and use. But that's not the case. I've mastered the Locust but only have 51 HSP. Have not fully mastered the Bushwacker, have 54 HSP. WTF?

51 SP should be enough to master your Locust back to the same level it was before. You can then use further SP to master it beyond what it was before. If you had modules on your locust you would also get some SP from that to further master your Locust.

#8 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

View PostSource Mystic, on 25 April 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Sure if you are happy with a acceleration deacceleration quirk of 25. Great job pgi gutting lights once again.

Under the new system you are not even getting what you did in the old all quarks have been nerfed.

I have not tested it myself yet but I too was looking over many IS mech quirks, specifically the locusts. They are losing I think all quirks of that nature but I was under the assumption that they gained that mobility back into the chassis?

Losing 50%?? or more acceleration / other mobility quirks on a light is going to be horrible!

#9 pyroknight

Rookie

• The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Remember that some mobility has been moved to the mech chassis. So not having the same mobility quirks as before doesn't mean you are slower.
For example:
10.0 acceleration + 50% quirk = 15.0 acceleration
14.0 acceleration + 10% quirk = 15.4 acceleration.

You will need to check the mobility changes combined with the new chassis / engine changes. Try it out.

#10 HerbieTheCar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 25 April 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

51 SP should be enough to master your Locust back to the same level it was before. You can then use further SP to master it beyond what it was before. If you had modules on your locust you would also get some SP from that to further master your Locust.

But I do not want 51 SP, I want 91 like they promised if I have mastered a mech? That's 40 SP I'm not getting to spec out my mech and will cost me more c-bills later on in the future. What's the point of the skill tree if it will just keep everything at status quo? Isn't the point of the skill tree system to help the game flow better and actually improve it? If it doesn't improve anything, then why are we and PGI wasting time on this instead of much-needed optimization, matchmaking system, and fixing existing bugs?

#11 HerbieTheCar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

Ask PGI the question asked above on their Twitch live stream and one of the mods timed me out for 600 seconds. Thanks for avoiding the question.

http://imgur.com/ZAT6FB3

Edited by HerbieTheCar, 25 April 2017 - 05:57 PM.

#12 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Every single mastered mech that I cheacked got 91 SP. If there is a bug with their refund, PGI needs to know ASAP.

Also keep in mind the image on the PTS could be older than current live. When exactly did you master that specific locust? in the last few days? Weeks? Months? Years?

My 1 mastered locust has 91 SP and my two lucsts that is not mastered has less.

Edited by ForceUser, 25 April 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#13 HerbieTheCar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

I mastered it a week or two ago.

#14 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostHerbieTheCar, on 25 April 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

I mastered it a week or two ago.

Yea that's probably it. My vipers are all still in their old configs I had them in before the easter weekend and do not reflect their current mastery level. Every other mech that's older than that is correlating though I havn't checked every single one of my 176 mechs.

This is very common thing I've experienced with Eve Online's test server. The chars are sometimes months out of date.

Edited by ForceUser, 25 April 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#15 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

View PostHerbieTheCar, on 25 April 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

But I do not want 51 SP, I want 91 like they promised if I have mastered a mech? That's 40 SP I'm not getting to spec out my mech and will cost me more c-bills later on in the future. What's the point of the skill tree if it will just keep everything at status quo? Isn't the point of the skill tree system to help the game flow better and actually improve it? If it doesn't improve anything, then why are we and PGI wasting time on this instead of much-needed optimization, matchmaking system, and fixing existing bugs?

It does improve things. Now you can customize and you further improve your mechs. And you got about the same as you got before to start from.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users