A Better Way To Do Hero Mechs.

6 replies to this topic

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

(I know this has been suggested many times but lets keep trying.)
The current way PGI does heroes means people either cry pay to win or they are second rate 90% of the time. Its a stupid system that costs them money and does not give players what they want. I have a better and simpler system.

Just split up the parts.
Sell the hero chassis model like a normal mech. MC and then MC or Cbill. Price is same as normal chassis.

Sell Cbill bonus for any mech for price of current hero mech. (Works on any mech.)

Sell XP bonus for price of current champion mech. (Works on any mech.)

I know the cost is more but I am willing to pay it for the freedom of choice.

Can we get a sustained campaign to get them to finally do this?

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

How about both systems? Hero mechs + the ability to add tokens or whatever to your mechs to make them more heroish.

And the tokens don't/shouldn't even be all that much, 5 bucks tops probably. Some people will end up putting that on every single mech, pretty easy way to drain another 1500 bucks from a whale if you ask me.

#3 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

Well they are not going to make it cheaper than current hero mechs.

#4 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

It doesn't have to be as good as hero mechs, half the bonus would be plenty fine, then it could be applied to every mech in the game and not outright break the c-bill stream.

Heck if they really wanted to PGI it up they could require premium time to be active for it to even work, then they double down on making people pay in some for the bonuses.

#5 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

Being able to pay money to get a perma cbill boost on a mech would be a great way to get some more money. I really don't know why PGI hasn't done this yet. Likely coding requirements and how their mech variant systems work.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

Can't be that hard to code, they have individual mech skill node trees. Just add another tree with MC only c-bill/xp buffs.

#7 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Since XP has an ongoing per 'Mech respec value now, I'd love to put an XP bonus of any degree on some of my existing heroes and specials. If I could split it right down the middle and have 15% to both cbills and XP, that would be fantastic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users