9 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Since it looks like PGI sold about 100 Javelins and reduced their main revenue stream in a third...I guess I need to help them once again with a money making idea.

For $99.99 you get 30 days premium time and all prizes from all events, with the exception of grab bag events which you would get 25 grab bags, for a year. They could call it the MWO prize club or something as cheesy.

Really don't have time to grind out matches but I like my "prizes".

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

Where did you get their revenue numbers, and amount of Javelins sold? As for buying out event prizes, some whales will like the idea.

Edited by El Bandito, 27 May 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#3 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

Id pay 45 USD, if I could get my pick of two loyalty variants that they have released previously (KGC and CDA wink wink, nudge nudge). 100 USD is a bit much.... not for what you have proposed though, your proposition is rather generous but its just my opinion.

#4 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,904 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

100 Javelins?

Man I probably saw that many last night alone. Though hideous to behold, they are rocking for all those I know who have them. They are the new Oxide, when the Oxide had all the bonus structure. Tough, fast, hard hitting and fairly hard to kill. I expect that as people experience them more and are more frequently killed by the damn things, PGI is going to sell a hell of a lot more of them (until they are availabel for c-bills and they nerf them of course).

As to your main point...I don't know man that sound sort of like a premium subscription. Think of the QQing when an event has less than stellar rewards: "I paid 99$ for this crap! Screw you PGI!" etc.

#5 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:03 PM

I would pay real money for a pack with old loyalty mechs like the KGCand Atlas but thats about it.

#6 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

I'd love for PGI to go to a pay-per-variant system for new 'Mechs, now that the Rule of Three has been removed. Having to pay for half a dozen variants I won't use to get the 2-4 I want is all that's keeping me from preordering the Cougar and Uziel. I probably will in the end anyway because they're two of my favorite 'Mechs, and I'd only be more excited for a 'Mech if it were named Argus, Toro, Marshal, or Talos... but I'd have preordered already if I could split the packs (even at a higher per-variant cost).

I'd also have paid for the Javelin hero if it were available separately. It looks really fun, I feckin' love the name, and I will probably get it when it's out for MC, but it is the only Javelin that I'm even slightly interested in.

#7 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Lets be honest, the Javelin is kind of a crappy mech. Not sure why with the advance in time line, they didn't just opt for one of the mechs from the 3055 TRO.

As for what I would purchase. Yeah I would probably consider picking up some of the Loyalty Mechs I wasn't able to qualify for. Additionally I am still interested in mech packs or rather monthly mech releases but I want them to be Ala Carte from now on where I can buy only the variants I want. I figure $10 each would be about right with maybe a bonus that scales on how many variants you buy. Heroes should be $15 and shouldn't require you buy a basic variant to unlock it.

I mean seriously, why make it hard for people to buy what they want? I do understand that they have it set up the way it is to "Encourage" people to spend more money to get variants they really want but I can't help but thing that a reasonably priced, ala carte system would "Encourage" people who can't or won't justify spending $20-$70 on a mech pack to unload $10 to get the one variant they are interested in. Also many, like myself would by more than one variant. Heck I figured it out and with the Civil War pack at the rates I mentioned, I would have spend something like $45 more than I did if I could get the specific variants I wanted.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 27 May 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#8 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,085 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

I'd just pay $5 to undo the re-scale on some of my light mechs while keeping skill tree/nodes/quirks/whatever. Bad enough they always get a few nerfs every patch. Maybe $10 for a 50% c-bill token and $10 for a 50% xp token so I can have a mech with both instead of having to pic only 30percent c-bill vs xp bonus.

#9 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, hard choice... should a person get a Javelin pack? Or something that weights 60+ more tons for the same money?

Edited by LORD ORION, 27 May 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#10 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

View PostLORD ORION, on 27 May 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yeah, hard choice... should a person get a Javelin pack? Or something that weights 60+ more tons for the same money?

We-l-l-l-l... tonnage is honestly not an issue (IMO) as long as the 'Mech is desirable. I would gladly pay the same price as a heavy or assault for some of my favorite light and medium 'Mechs. PGI is a business, and nostalgia is profitable... so hey, more power to 'em. Plus, we're supposed to have class viability balance (supported by yet-nonexistent role warfare!), so in principle I don't object to a 20-35 ton 'Mech costing as much to preorder as an 80-100 ton 'Mech. They're meant to be equally usable. In practice, PGI has reduced prices on lights and meds vs. heavies and assaults. That's fine too... it means I pay less for what I want (lights and meds).

The issue is that we still have to pay for multiple variants when we only need a single 'Mech to master now. There's much less incentive, with the current model, to preorder as opposed to waiting until the 'Mechs are available for MC/cbills to just purchase the ones you actually want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users