No replies to this topic

#1 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

Missiles:

MRM – Right now there are lots of issues with MRM’s and most of them bugs so I will hold off on damage balancing suggestions until these are cleared up. But here are some mechanic suggestions.
Scalable weapons. Just like LRM’s MRM’s should be functional depending on the number of tubes that can be deployed.
For instance the catapults with their massive missile arms should be able to fire the MRM40 in one big shotgun effect. The smaller limited tubes should instead stream fire them.
-Spread
Not a fan of the corridor like spread pattern- I would rather there be a cone where the closer you are the smaller the bloom.
Really it’s the range I care about, but if I can hit things at range it’s pointless outside of a brawlers weapons, and you don’t need range to brawl.
-Damage
No point right now until the above is adjusted.

IS Streaks
Potent right now. All the missile quirks that IS seems to have make these actually worth their heavier tonnage. A commando with twin SSRM6’s can be downright scary with its ROF.

Rocket launchers
Here is where we can make a fun functional weapon.
-Ripple fire weapons. Hold down the trigger it fires rockets like a machinegun. Let up the trigger it stops. Depending on how big your rocket launcher size is determines how much “Ammo” so to speak you use. Increase damage slightly to compensate.

ATM

Remove minimum range and make them have flat trajectories.

1 stop missile weapon? Give it some penalties outside of minimum range.

The only other solution is to make people have to manually change ammo types by selecting the weapon and hitting a key in game. But i doubt they will do this.

Ballistics – Here is where people will hate me.

Heavy MG’s and Light MG’s
Charge based weapons. They are out of control and gimping their damage will just make them useless. Instead make them function like pulse lasers. They fire dealing damage in a stream. They reload and recycle and then able to be fire again.
I like the range of the Light MG’s. Making them a charge weapon will help keep regular MG’s functional and with their own place.

MG's will never be a viable weapon unless you boat them. And boating them leads to silly devastating builds because it is simply bananas to try and balance a low tonnage DPS weapon.

Instead making them function like pulse lasers will keep them useable in high and low numbers and a much easier time balancing.

Rotary AC’s.

Not a Fan.
We already have sustained fire weapons like UAC’s.

Personally I would say: Hold button to charge cycling more ammo. Hold it down it loads up 6 shells like a revolver. Chance to jam on loading limits how many shots you can fire. So hold down fire button it begins charging shells at a shell every half second until it reaches maximum shells or jams. Letting go of the trigger fires all loaded shells in a stream.

Eh, just not a fan.

The balancing of this weapon is giving me headaches just thinking about it.

IS UAC’s. Acceptable if not a little bizarre, i do lke the UAC2's and 10's. Will wait for the UAC20 bug to be fixed before thoughts.

LBX weapons. I feel the bigger crit space they should follow the LB10-X example and be 1 ton less on all variants. The spread should be a trade off.

Heavy Gauss

Minimum 280m range pre-quirk / skills - Simply too many downsides.

Light Gauss

I would argue at least 1 more dmg or better yet trimming the cycle rate by another full second.

Energy

Heavy lasers - Probably hate me here but here goes.

Burn time too long. To balance these weapons they should function like energy based Gauss rifles charge mechanics.

Charge up (building heat)
Hold charge for up to 3 seconds, letting go to fire. If you don't fire the charge is lost and you have to hold charge again.

Makes them less point and click insanity. And you can split the heat to 1/4th heat when charge and 3/4th when actually fired. Heavy lasers are the epitome of clan laser brutality. Make them a little challenging to use instead of just ghost buster beams of light you hold on target for long amounts of time.

IS ER weapons

Nice. With some of the powerful IS quirks some of these lasers weapons are pushing out passed clan ranges. Very nice.

Micro Lasers
Good. Not a lot to write home about.

Snub-nose PPC - Little on the short side. Needs another 300m optimal pre-quirk / skill.

Light PPC's - can't argue with more skill bases weaponry

Heavy PPC - 10 tons for 12 dmg. Meh. no thanks.

Light Ferro - Meh, if you have the slots, sure.

Stealth Armor - kind of a joke. Unless this makes you completely un-targetable for a duration then there is zero point to running it. Penalties are too massive on all fronts.

First step is remove the heat that it builds. Instead make it so that you can't vent heat, but you don't gain any while using it outside of using weapons. So you have to turn it off to cool.

That's it, quick and dirty.

I either dont' care about the rest or not interested in taking the time.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 29 June 2017 - 01:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users