Proposed Microlaser Warning

8 replies to this topic

#1 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

"Warning: this weapon has ridiculously short range for a laser. We're serious. If you're shooting someone 200 yards out, it won't even scratch their paint. If you're boating these, you need to be hugging people to hurt them"

Been in two QP today where I wound up spectating on someone boating micro pulse and sitting about 300 meters from people trying to shoot them

My face is bruised.

#2 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

I don't think we need to add that unless you plan to add that to EVERY weapon with a min range or a short range.

For two I don't think most people even check the warnings in the Mechlab anyway.

#3 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Players cant even press W. (unless they bought a new shiny MG light and chase down that cookie while the rest of the team gets rolled)

How are they gonna know that one grid on the Radar they never use is 500mx500m or that the number next to their reticle is the distance to target?

#4 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostDr Hobo, on 19 August 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

I don't think we need to add that unless you plan to add that to EVERY weapon with a min range or a short range.

Well, I've only ever run into one person who didn't realize that his PPCs had a minimum range. Which was pretty funny. 11 dead on both sides, light with my lasers blown off, vs a fast medium with PPCs. I literally sat there not moving MGing him while he sat there PPCing me from about 50 meters. took like 20 seconds to kill him and he was too stupid to figure it out

Edited by InfinityBall, 19 August 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#5 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

I've seen people firing SRMs at targets well over 500 meters away. I've seen people trying to use Snubs to snipe people from the walls of HPG, even after being told by like 3 people that you can't snipe with Snubs. Some people are just incredibly stupid.

#6 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

I mean, SRMs can make a momentary smokescreen I guess. Not that that'll ever do screw all, but it's something some people try.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,865 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

i tend to shoot first and ask questions later. i usually dont check range until i shoot and my crosshair doesnt light up.

#8 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

Well, if People have disabled Chat and/or dont understand engrish you cant communicate with them....

#9 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

They need to cover a lot of this in the tutorial.

A special section on just weapon ranges would be nice for LRMs and SRMs. I see people launching LRMs as soon as a target pops up even though they are 1400+ meters away.

Just saw a commando shooting his SRM at guys 500m away.

Of course, both times in the last couple of days I mentioned the problem and they didn't reply, I said it over VOIP which I checked and they had the speaker next to their names and then typed a message in team chat. I assume that they just didn't speak English but I don't honestly have that much faith, I bet they did and just didn't give a damn or didn't hear/see the messages for various other reasons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users