8 replies to this topic

#1 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:18 AM

About 5 or 6 hours i dropped into a game that just started. My sister came to my room telling me our father was experiencing some weird upper back pain and was concerned his heart might be affected. I had to abruptly leave the game and let them know i have to go to the hospital and drive him there. Doctors did the blood work and an EKG along with a chest X-Ray. Luckily the bllod work work turned out nothing and everything was fine so his heart was safe. Just turns out to be a muscle spasm that really hurt his upper left muscle on his back. We tried to recall what he may have done and it turns out it was a gallon of milk he had somehow carried the wrong way. Reason he questioned his heart is because about 15 years ago he a quadruple bypass.

Right now he is relaxing, like he should be, and hopefully he'll be ok in the morning. So now with some medication it just feels like a sore muscle to him.

Sorry to the team, i hope you guys won. I hope everyone understands RL situations come first.

TBH, i dont do hospitals to well. And i normally don't announce things like this publicly. Just wanted to get it off my mind.

#2 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:34 AM

Everyone but people that start threads complaining about AFKs understand RL situations come first. Best wishes to your father though and good on you for lookin' out for him.

#3 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:10 AM

It's a bit strange to make a thread about it, especially with so many unnecessary details. Obviously when people complain about AFK they don't mean "crap in your pants but don't leave until the match is over".

#4 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:33 AM

View PostZigmund Freud, on 06 February 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

It's a bit strange to make a thread about it, especially with so many unnecessary details. Obviously when people complain about AFK they don't mean "crap in your pants but don't leave until the match is over".

As i said, im not really open minded and speak out these sort of things but when its racing in mind, i guess i needed to say something to assure myself "he'll be ok" I dont have many friends nor do i socialize. So for me i feel free here. If it offends anyone, sry. It just helps me.

#5 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

Don't worry about anyone who was in the match, and don't worry about offending anyone by posting your experience. People disconnect or go afk all the time for a variety of reasons, yours was much more legitimate and important than most. If it makes you feel better to share your situation here, then do so. It's the GDF, home to off-topic discussions, and if it helped you but people aren't interested in reading it, the thread will fade away and no harm was done. Some people will commiserate, some will make negative comments, but your dad is ok, you didn't ruin anyone's day by afking, and in the long run it's all good.

#6 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:49 AM

Don't worry about it, it's an emergency.

Dafuq people know about you or your life anyways?

#7 Ted Maul

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostInternal Obedience XIII-omega, on 06 February 2018 - 02:33 AM, said:

As i said, im not really open minded and speak out these sort of things but when its racing in mind, i guess i needed to say something to assure myself "he'll be ok" I dont have many friends nor do i socialize. So for me i feel free here. If it offends anyone, sry. It just helps me.

I rarely post on the forum but I felt compelled to come and say "good on you".

If it makes you feel better then post away; especially if you're not surrounded by people to speak to about stuff. Not having people to share with can be ****** so appreciate the cathartic element.

I'd hope that this forestalls any idiotic comments from anyone who says the opposite.

#8 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Most people that gripe about AFKers dont do the forums(except to gripe).

Most Forum readers understand RL ALWAYS comes before a game.

Cheers to you for taking care of your family. Hope he is well and continues to be so.

Edited by vettie, 06 February 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#9 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

No worries, we won

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users