Joystick Throttle 'reversed'

1 reply to this topic

#1 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

So I'm having an issue with the throttle on my Logitech X56 being inverted by default. I also tried to invert the throttle in the options to fix it but this actually does nothing and causes another issue.

Tested both full and half throttle, both inverted by default.

Inverting the throttle does nothing, the throttle stays inverted. However, it also breaks the throttle reverse toggle when using half throttle. So when inverting the throttle on half, I can no longer even reverse. I've attempted to search for this issues already but every solution is simply to invert the throttle in the game options, which obviously isn't working.

Not looking to play comp matches or anything with this setup, its mostly for testing purposes.

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

you've got a chance of correcting this in a user.cfg file .... the very last option that relates to joysticks, seems to be a control for how the throttle is interpreted, with it normally using a range of -1 to 1, your joystick might only supply the range values between 0 and 1, meaning that its only ever able to represent half the 'range'

attached below are the full suite of options that relate to joysticks, not giving an 'argument' to the 'command' should have it log the value into the default log file, Omicron.log, useful for troubleshooting ... any line that starts with -- is a comment ... and the very first line outputs a 'warning' into the log file, which you can use to know that the file has been loaded and processed

Spoiler

Edited by NARC BAIT, 14 April 2018 - 09:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users