5 replies to this topic

#1 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:42 PM

Okay, dropping with the max weight allowed and pilots pretty much maxed out (30 to 32 skill points total) I cannot make much headway in high reward or campaign missions.

The spawns on or behind me, two or three lances of my weight or more in the same mission - I can't kill enough enemies fast enough before I am all alone. My AI lance mates are toast about 2/3rds through.

So do I have to get awesome at head shots, or is the campaign only finishable with 3 co-op players, or do I have to replay the missions over and over until I learn the spawn points, or what?

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:02 PM

Update your game. They released a patch yesterday that fixes the close spawning problem.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:27 PM

Doesn't work like advertised 'cause the enemies that do spawn, like tanks and VTOLs, have long range and start firing early anyway and the enemy garrison get reinforced by more mechs, usually (in Liao-Marik space) at least with Catapults, Victors, Hunchbacks, etc.,

Anyway, the best way to approach missions is to have long-range weapons. Whittle the enemies down from 400+m away and then slowly approach the base, usually keeping an eye on where you can get to cover by disengaging when you need to. This way, your AI teammates might lose a component (usually arms) but you'll relatively be safe. Forget about close-quarters brawling in missions rated 50+ difficulty.

#4 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:00 PM

Thanks, will give it a try and rearm. Gave up on LRMs, will try them again and swap AC 10s for AC 5s.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:13 AM

Make sure that you give them a loadout that's mostly uniform in the optimal range.

My Jagermech pilot does well with 2x AC10 while another one wanders around getting the arms shot off of the Orion running with BF AC10 + LRM 15 + 2 MLs + 2 SRM4s. It's ok as long as one weapon is able to fire at the specified range, like the LRM 15, but the moment AC 10, SRMs and MLs would be in range, he wouldn't fire all of them.

Early on, I used to give a Blackjack with 2 AC2 and 4 MLs to one of my teammates and he'd use the AC2 nicely at range based on my positioning but the moment the enemies closed the distance, he'd find it hard to fire both the AC2s and the MLs together. He'd wait around for the cooldown of the ML even though AC2 could be fired at point blank range and often, and be supplemented with MLs when they were ready.

#6 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:51 AM

View PostSuomiWarder, on 18 December 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

Thanks, will give it a try and rearm. Gave up on LRMs, will try them again and swap AC 10s for AC 5s.

LRM's are very useful for getting the helicopters and SRM and LRM tanks. I usually run something with a LRM10 or 15 and provide over watch for my AI's, knocking out the vehicles quickly and at range seems to cut down on friendly unit damage and component loss. I like PPC's for this as-well, it's a trade off between lock time and taking the time to aim (though low arms like on the Warhammer make PPC's less effective against vehicles).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users