16 replies to this topic

#1 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 03:02 AM

Hello MWO/MW5 teams,

Here are my suggestions for the next Mechwarrior PVE game:
  • First of all make it cross platform coop
  • I talked to all my friends in MJ12, MS and the old SWOL unit I used to be in they don`t play MWO anymore but they all bought MW5, and we all want the Playstation VR2 version of the next Mechwarrior game with using the feature of Eye tracking as aiming as it is in the lore with the high tech helmets, as this would be a 100% simulation of the Mechwarrior experience in LORE.
  • Hoping the next games both PVE and PVP are in Unreal engine 5.
Let me know what you and the team thinks about this.

All the best!

#2 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 05:13 AM

I didn't even know Eye Tracking was a thing.
That's crazy .. I wonder how accurate it is to get to individual components?

I wonder if the Battletech/Mechwarrior brand is gonna have a major rebirth as all this tech becomes more mainstream?

#3 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 10:04 AM

It is becoming a must in new VR Headsets and playstation vr2 is the cheapest one to have this feature. and it is very accurate because the PSVR2 graphics are rendered at full resolution in the center of where you are looking and at the edge the resolution is lower so it can get very high framerates.

Edited by ADI84000, 21 April 2023 - 10:05 AM.

#4 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 12:52 PM

It would be AMAZING if they made a Mechwarrior game made for VR with this eye tracking, and a chair that heats up as your mech gets hot.

#5 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 22 April 2023 - 09:51 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 21 April 2023 - 12:52 PM, said:

It would be AMAZING if they made a Mechwarrior game made for VR with this eye tracking, and a chair that heats up as your mech gets hot.

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,377 posts

Posted 22 April 2023 - 04:27 PM

View PostADI84000, on 21 April 2023 - 03:02 AM, said:

Hello MWO/MW5 teams,

Here are my suggestions for the next Mechwarrior PVE game:
  • I talked to all my friends in MJ12, MS and the old SWOL unit I used to be in they don`t play MWO anymore but they all bought MW5, and we all want the Playstation VR2 version of the next Mechwarrior game with using the feature of Eye tracking as aiming as it is in the lore with the high tech helmets, as this would be a 100% simulation of the Mechwarrior experience in LORE.
  • Hoping the next games both PVE and PVP are in Unreal engine 5.

That kind of gameplay would be glorious!

Edited by Thorqemada, 22 April 2023 - 04:28 PM.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 22 April 2023 - 07:55 PM

you can play mw5 with vr using a mod. unfortunately you still cant use it with yaml.

#8 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 22 April 2023 - 08:08 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 21 April 2023 - 05:13 AM, said:

That's crazy .. I wonder how accurate it is to get to individual components?

I wonder if the Battletech/Mechwarrior brand is gonna have a major rebirth as all this tech becomes more mainstream?

Battletech will never go mainstream, it's mechdads that keep it alive. Eyetracking isn't partticularly new, TrackIR was all the rage 20 years ago. The tech has improved, buit like VR it isn't super maintstream, just getting by enough to keep itself afloat.

#9 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 April 2023 - 09:46 PM

I don't think MWO 2 will ever be a thing..

#10 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 April 2023 - 12:44 AM

I never heard anything about BattleTech in Asia.

#11 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 23 April 2023 - 07:05 AM

meh i can take it or leave it. i can't use VR myself as it gives me a headache and i already have enough problems with migraines. though being cross platform i like. sadly MWO is pretty much unplayable without the YAML mods. (i run quite a few mods but the YAML ones are the must haves)

#12 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 April 2023 - 07:10 AM

By the way, the plot itself pretty good. I am just reading about Andrey Kerensky.

Just don't understand, why it could be Harry Potter or Game of Thrones, but no BattleTech.

It should be done huge great tv serial. Then it could be money and customers. Then the MWO2 or even more could exist.

May be may be.

#13 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 23 April 2023 - 07:28 AM

if you want to see what a Battletech TV show could be check this out

i think they are up to episode 4 now (not including the pilot)

#14 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 April 2023 - 09:50 AM

Well, they need not boring action, but strategic global story.

#15 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,932 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 April 2023 - 10:29 AM

Lol. That's literally what occurred when I read this. "my friends in MS"...again Lol.

I play with a few old -MS- folks and they couldn't care less about the next potential iteration of MWO, or what platform it may or may not be on, let alone "eye tracking"; and none of them gave MW5 so much as a glance. They do appreciate the lore, but none give a damn about it of it impacts play-ability.

If there is to be a MW6 or a MWO2, it will be based on economic viability and nothing more. You want more of this? Then start throwing $ at MW5 and MWO. That's what will result in both/either, but I don't think there is enough of you or enough $ interest to actually result in EG7 and/or Microsoft from going beyond what they currently have. It's not over yet, but it will be sooner rather than later. Prove me wrong, you have a few years yet to do so.

#16 Thorqemada

• 6,377 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 08:20 AM

Well, the isue that keeps this game from gaining attraction is that there is everything centered about Mechs and how Mechfights have to happen.

Modern combat does not use mouse-gunners yet the mouse gunners in an effort to display their superior point and click capabilties gatekeep the computer game from becoming everyhing else that resembles modern weappon plattform management and control.

Also, as this game keeps to center around the metal no emotional hook catches people that care for the human interaction in a game - there is a reason pilot overhaul and meaningful pilot interaction is so popular.

I started to play Mechwarrior bcs of the first PC game and found it for tis time entertaining and the 3D was breathtaking but what kep me following the stuff was the lore, the development of the uninverse, the rise and fall of heroes and villains and there is often even not enough of it while the games allways ever catch only a glimpse for the initiated while irritating the non-initiated with as it seems a cold technocratic game the lorehounds guard with utmost envy!

This franchise needs a completely different approach to develop a player retention gain along its human qualities as the technocratic qualities should not be the main stage but the support stage for this character centric approach.

And there are so much characters in this universe but they are not known and if they are mentioned it is only understand by the initiated and no one else.
That has to change and also an acceptance that growth starts slow but with a steady nutrition its seed will be able to give better harvest each season!

If you want a first time big seller you will fail as 99,999% of all games fail to copy singular successes that are not repeatable by copying a soulless something else...

I hoped when Paradox aquired HBS they would think about a grand strategy game but it seems Paradox has switched to the we milk our franchises road instead if deleopeing new ones.

Emperor of the Fading Suns meets Battletech in modern PC Tech would be so great!

Ah well, one can dream - draining the franchise surely will lead to its final demise one day and all thats left is decoloured disformed plastic figurines and receycling paper.

Hope so NOT!

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 April 2023 - 08:23 AM.

#17 Thorqemada

• 6,377 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 09:41 AM

About Lore and Story:
BATTLETECH: The Power of Fiction: Short Stories - YouTube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users