3 replies to this topic

#1 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 61 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 30 April 2023 - 05:08 PM

This afternoon a teammate on our Discord posted a pic of a mech with SRM6 in decal letters on its back. "Wish all mechs would wear their BOM on the outside" was the comment.

Many of us I'd wager find it perplexing that it is possible to see an enemy mech's status by viewing its armor and weapons status once targeting info comes up on a lock, but there is no way of knowing a teammate's armor and weapons status.

This led me to an idea I would like to explore. Strategic operational control takes place in the Battlemap. And there is a keystroke in the Battlemap to show all teammates' names and mech types.

Therefore, a possible enhancement to the battlemap would be the ability to activate a subscreen showing the armor and weapon statuses of each teammate active on the map in their respective lances. Being able to see this at a glance would facilitate battlemap commands by knowing what package of ordinance one is asking to "move here".

Having this function as a subscreen of the battlemap would also make it doable without the need to lock or LOS-mouse an allied mech.

Speculation arose from my teammates that this would be "too fundamental a change" in the programming. But I am thinking visually of nothing other than the exact same "paperdoll" display already in existence.

"You can already see teammates' locations on the map, you can already Q to see their names", i ventured; "So the team C3M can do all this but not share comrades' paperdolls???"

Is this an impossibly "fundamental change" as is the concern of some, or is it, as I suspect, a relatively simple tabular display subroutine?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,215 posts

Posted 01 May 2023 - 12:14 AM

I would love to see such feature introduced, but ....

People have been asking for this for years - and without success. Posted Image

#3 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 May 2023 - 08:06 AM

I like the idea of being able to see team mate's loadout. I would know what they bring to the table and make an educated guess as of what they can do or how they will approach a target, rather than simply hoping they are good.

#4 nvx 116

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 07:16 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2023 - 12:14 AM, said:

I would love to see such feature introduced, but ....

People have been asking for this for years - and without success. Posted Image

Pgi wants to unplug mwo when thier contract runs out with it that's why mw5 exists and it has melee and what the op described natively.. eventually when that contract ends with mwo I suspect that mw5 will get a public lobby addition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users