- - - - -

State Of The Game

7 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderbuddy

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:40 AM

I'm brand new to the game and i'm constantly not able to connect to a lobby, if i do it usually disconnects and if it doesn't disconnect there are 10 light mechs rushing my spawn to prey on disconnected players and pad their stats. As a new player this is very frustrating introduction to the game. Then i look at the store to buy a serviceable mech and they're like $40, when the game barely works?

Edited by Thunderbuddy, 03 December 2023 - 10:42 AM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,171 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:46 AM

View PostThunderbuddy, on 03 December 2023 - 10:40 AM, said:

I'm brand new to the game and i'm constantly not able to connect to a lobby, if i do it usually disconnects
Read this update, please: Mwo Status Update And Known Issues - Update 2 - Dec 1St

and if it doesn't disconnect there are 10 light mechs rushing my spawn to prey on disconnected players and pad their stats.
Normal behaviour. If you do not disconnect, stay with your team.

As a new player this is very frustrating introduction to the game. Then i look at the store to buy a serviceable mech and they're like $40, when the game barely works?
Yes, that pricing is ridiculous, but PGI does not care.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,713 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2023 - 01:05 PM

Then i look at the store to buy a serviceable mech and they're like $40, when the game barely works?
Only the newest packs are in that price range. There are older ones in the $20 range.

The issue is a relatively new one, PGI is actively working on a fix.

#4 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2023 - 06:41 AM

I'm brand new to the game and i'm constantly not able to connect to a lobby, if i do it usually disconnects and if it doesn't disconnect there are 10 light mechs rushing my spawn to prey on disconnected players and pad their stats. As a new player this is very frustrating introduction to the game. Then i look at the store to buy a serviceable mech and they're like $40, when the game barely works?

Welcome to MW:O Posted Image .

As has been mentioned, the massive tech problem is known to the Developer, and they have been working on a fix for a few days now .

You do not need to buy a 'Mech/'Mechpack . Loads of very "serviceable" Chassis can be bought with the inGame earnable currency, C-Bills . In fact I would suggest to NOT buy anything with rlMoney if you are new . Play with the Trial 'mechs . See whether you really want to spend money on the Game .

For example loadouts of 'Mechs/Variants, have a look at

https://grimmechs.is...im.org/Database

Older listings ( not 2023 ) may not be "optimal" anymore, but I think most of what you can find there will still work well for beginners - and if not, you can always tweak to your liking provided you have the necessary C-Bills .

Each of the listed loadouts links to

https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/

which is an excellent and still being updated offGame 'Mechlab, where you can toy around with Chassis/Loadouts .

All the Best .

Edited by Besh, 04 December 2023 - 07:13 AM.

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:04 AM

View PostBesh, on 04 December 2023 - 06:41 AM, said:

You do not need to buy a 'Mech/'Mechpack . Loads of very "serviceable" Chassis can be bought with the inGame earnable currency, C-Bills . In fact I would suggest to NOT buy anything with rlMoney if you are new . Play with the Trial 'mechs . See whether you really want to spend money on the Game .

Yeah, let's work on that. What playing style or weapon systems are you interested in? We can put together a list of recommended mechs that won't cost you real money, just c-bills. (Of course, c-bills are earned slowly in the game, so you have to pick carefully at first!)

#6 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 04 December 2023 - 09:55 AM

be sure to run training academy. between that and your cadet bonus (1st 25 games?) you will have plenty of cbills to buy and load out a good mech. maximize your daily win bonus by play all the available trial mechs. i recommend not buying any mech till you have played the first 25 matches in as many different trial mechs as you can. stick with the group! longer you stay alive the more cbills/xp you can get.
right now the match marker problem is a huge Pia. hopefully it is fixed soon.

save your armor, shoot what the team shoots, watch your 6,

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2023 - 01:09 PM

$40 mechpacks include more than one mech, though how much that matters in terms of value is going to be an individual opinion. But, using the mechs never expires, until PGI shuts down this game which could still be years away.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to plop down any real money unless they are 100% comfortable doing so. For free, you can theoretically become a top tier player. There's also good freebies handed out from events. Matt Newman did say he wanted to revamp the store this year, but obviously, that didn't happen.

Once you've committed to playing the game enough and are comfortable throwing some money down, look out for sales to make the best bang for your buck.

The biggest hurdle you'll encounter early on is generating enough cbills and the best way to increase that is to perform well in matches so check your personal score tab at the end of each match to see what kinds of actions lead to more cbills and xp.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 06 December 2023 - 01:10 PM.

#8 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,796 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 06 December 2023 - 05:50 PM

Welcome to MWO!

To earn c-bills, you don't need to buy any mechs since the trial mechs are quite good now. One can certainly do the first 25 matches without spending any c-bills.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users