Application Crashes Every 3-5 Drops

4 replies to this topic

#1 Silent Kill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kiyv

Posted 05 January 2024 - 05:15 AM

Has no dependency on server or mech, just crashes every 3-5 drops either at match start or at drop init.

Please fix it. Or add an option login with rejoin to avoid mechlab and news awaiting. Most of cases rejoin completes to destroyed mech.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 09:34 AM

Do u run fullscreen? DONT. Use full windowed.

Other things to sort out are connection. Especially if u use WLAN. Don't exactly how, but u could also track/test your communication with the server.

And ofcourse give repair tool a shot.
Any OC active? MWO is extremely vulnerable to unstable ram oc.
U checked your settings and repair tool and updated all drivers / chipsetdriver, GPU, windows...I would contact support.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 06 January 2024 - 03:00 AM.

#3 Silent Kill

• 1,098 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kiyv

Posted 06 January 2024 - 02:41 PM

Will try full windowed. OC - over clocking? If so - no OC is used. Latest drivers and updates are installed. I've used repairtool when there was a problem with AC20 and CN9 crashes. Will run one more time in case full windowed will not help. Thanks.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,676 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 January 2024 - 06:42 AM

Windowed Mode avoids the OS from having to redraw everything, for both the game itself and whatever programs are running in the background, including the deskdrop.

And that it crashes consistently every 3-5 matches, memory leak and/or memory not stable.... What other programs are being ran, especially overlays from Steam, Windows Xbox, Discord, etc. Usually, other than the outliers like the original updates when the Shield Centurion was added + hitting the limit on number of add-ons/etc being reach that were primary cause of the game crashing, the crashes I have run into was when Windows updates were set back to default which allowed it to update my drivers, especially GPU drivers. Even though you said yours is not setup with OC, check bios settings since many of the motherboard bios can have different default setting ranges. An aggressive memory setting can aggravate things when memory is borderline stable.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 January 2024 - 06:46 AM.

#5 Silent Kill

• 1,098 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kiyv

Posted 08 January 2024 - 06:26 AM

Seems like problem is solved with switchin to full windowed mode. 2 days playing - 0 crashes. Thanks a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users