Returning To The Game, Which Stone Rhinos Should I Get?

1 reply to this topic

#1 xLateraluSx

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 04:15 PM

So i'm coming back to MWO after 2 years, i have 3 mech bays and would like to fill them with Stone Rhinos, question is which ones?

sell me your builds

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,887 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 12 June 2024 - 09:41 PM

Oooh! Pick Stumbles! Stumbles is my favorite Stone Rhino; he loves getting pets, and treats, and long walks, and he carries fifty-four tons of autocannon. And I do mean 54 tons of autocannon; ammo and all, 63% of Stumbles's tonnage is devoted to boomsticks. He is very slow; take only 8 skill nodes in cooldown, which will let you afford speed tweak along with the bare minimum of other skill nodes: aff5fdfdf745e28470a49cdf5ef207420405a00008066124b100180000000 If he's still too slow, my Original Configuration ditches the jump jets for more speed and a targeting computer.

My Second-favorite Stone Rhino is a walking treatise on the importance of trigger discipline, leveraging the awesome power of Clan Single Heat Sinks (and compact laser weaponry.) Arrange your firing groups into "left-side" and "right-side," then use chain fire for poking with the ERLLs. Don't even bother with Cooldown skill nodes, but I do recommend overheat damage reduction. It's a trading build, so don't get locked into a brawl, but it is a murder-beast within its role. Bring all the cool shots - something is going to get melted down tonight! =]

And of course no discussion of brutal Stone Rhino builds is complete without the Koloss! A dedicated brawler by design - and a literary reference to a great author by choice - the Koloss is faster than anything its size has a right to be. MASC and a 112-point scatter-damage alpha allows the Koloss to move like a Heavy when it sprints, positioning itself where enemies will not expect, and minimizing retaliation when it moves in to crush damaged opponents. The SRMs are hot, but the dual LB-20X are heat-negative, allowing you to work the margins of a fight while you cool down, and if someone forces you into an overheat brawling death - you're not going alone.

Edited by Void Angel, 12 June 2024 - 09:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users