7 replies to this topic

#1 Shogun Gaming

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hey peeps.

Ived been more and more intressered in the bt story so i was wondering if there were anyway of getting to know the books/story in bt, the things that started it all online or donwload or anything, even buying something maybe? B)

Only "story" i know : The first thing i saw mech wise was the short cartoon and after that i played MW2 abit, very little MW3 but alot of MW4 + upgrades and then this and when i see everyone talking about "this and that" from the bt and tt i realize that im missing out on alot

Any help would be gladly accepted ;)

#2 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostShogun DK, on 20 August 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Hey peeps.

Ived been more and more intressered in the bt story so i was wondering if there were anyway of getting to know the books/story in bt, the things that started it all online or donwload or anything, even buying something maybe? B)

Only "story" i know : The first thing i saw mech wise was the short cartoon and after that i played MW2 abit, very little MW3 but alot of MW4 + upgrades and then this and when i see everyone talking about "this and that" from the bt and tt i realize that im missing out on alot

Any help would be gladly accepted ;)

I'm with you on this one all I know is that clan enter IS in march for the first wave with Clan Wolf, Jade Falcon and another one ( can't remember the name )

#3 Buda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile, Sol 3 (aka: Terra)

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi! I bought myself a Amazon Kindle and downloaded from the inet 61 BT novels on epub format. (You can find them free... trust me B) )

If you are starting, I'll really recomend you to start by the Saga of the Gray Death Legion, then the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy and from there... well, whatever you'll like to read!

Here, you can find every novel published separated in eras. Ideal to get you on the correct order

On Ebay, you can find paperback novels for almost a buck or two.

Hope it helped! Welcome!

Edited by Buda, 20 August 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#4 Buda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Here is a great page (with a few errors, of course) of Battletech info. You can even find info to situate the plot of each BT game in existance.

#5 Shogun Gaming

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

thx for the replyes so far...

i found this online btw, gives a good short version to get you some up to speed B)

http://battletech.ca...CBTUniverse.pdf

#6 Buda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Yeah... it's a quick glance to the whole BT universe. It's a quick starting point to get you going.

BTW, if you want something cool to have by your side as you read new novels is this, a giant detailed stelar map @ 3048

#7 Aidan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

The BEST books to read to get a picture of clan life and what the clans are all about is the Jade Falcon Trilogy and the story of Aidan Pryde. Those books will give you more and better insight into the clans then any others. All of the books are great but I'd recommend going there first.

#8 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users