3 replies to this topic

#1 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

What do you think about the "Mirage Effect" in the cockpit as it starts to heat up, blurrring your vision. Seeing evaporation effects or even foggy windows as your searching for that defrost.

#2 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

Good idea - although the "laser boaters" always argue against heat effects being implimented as taking away "the fun" of playing the game. I think that the heatscale should be properly implimented including slowing the mech etc. After all, it is a self inflicted injury. Just don't fire more weapons than your mech can cope with the heat produced and it won't happen.

#3 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

I like the idea- being in a mech cockpit is supposed to be like a sauna even in normal non laserboat battlemechs.
You could take this idea to alot of places actually- your mech being hit by an AC/20? Your cockpit should be shaking like hell
Been hit by a PPC? oh god, my console is exploding!
Your mech on fire? Your cockpit should have some smoke getting in there.
Your mech badly damaged? Red flashing lights and sirens blaring in your ears!

#4 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Yeah. If you think about it as distracting as you don't want it to be its combat if fantasy, it still will be. With alarms, sparks, smoke and who knows what else going on it will be harder for you to focus on combat. One thing about the other games is you really were shuck around quite hard and maybe just your targeting would lock up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users