Groups in a House

1 reply to this topic

#1 Marcus Iceblood

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

I understand how the groups work if your a merc, with the TS servers and communications and forming groups of 8 for battles.

How will this within the Houses? Can we expect the same, one of the players putting together people, or will the Devs put together the groups. So that if enough people from the House are online the system puts them together?

I don't see anything about this, but I haven't read everything yet.

Anyone know how this will work?

#2 Lazydrones541

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

I havent really found anything directed toward this either. My guess is that if you join a certain faction: the group forming will remain the same, however, with "in house" members. If they base it off contracts, you will be grouped together with people other people on said quest, i.e; you select a quest for your particular house, you launch, groupfinder puts you together with people that are on similar quests or have similar objectives.

If you have a quest to destroy so many Steiner members, or a particular member; you may join other people from different factions on the similar quest but may be from different factions that arent at war? Though I would expect the system may put together as many people from the same faction as it can, if it cant find any others, it fills in as needed say from mercs or loners.

If they are going to make it a very "RPG-esque" game. They will incorporate contracts/house contracts, otherwise it is just another random drop n shoot game. It really woudlnt be that difficult to add in a quest feature.
--- Top of screen-- House button
-- House screen-- shows house location/main office/building/you get the idea...
--Main office-- contract screen-- browse/select said contracts
--Contract "quest" screen-- shows all available contracts and which are of a certain priority// maybe implemented with timers. Certain quests only last for the day or several days or a certain time of the day // high volume traffic hours//
--Perform sortie-- The system performs whatever search they have set up to perform said quest limited to contract details.

As for the Inner Sphere warzones: "Your house is currently at war with "X" faction(s). These are the active battles currently underway, next battle begins (xyz areas) select battle you wish to join...

This really wouldnt be terribly difficult to implement aside from who should be the priority target(s). Random enemy player // protect random ally.
Just some thoughts.
Mechwarrior IS an RPG afterall, without that RPG setup it just doesnt feel like Mechwarrior. Gotta have them objectives.

Edited by Lazydrones541, 15 October 2012 - 12:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users