#1 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts
  • LocationSkye Federation - Summer

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hi all!

Looking to find out who is interested to build/flesh-out Steiner Web properties.

1. Are there any Steiner wikis?

2. Is there a House Steiner website?

3. What would everyone be interested to see?
A. Battle reports
B. Character Histories
C. Steiner Histories
D. Unit Histories linked to online engagements

Other ideas and thoughts?

Thanks,

Dean

#2 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

When you get something up and running, we would be pleased to assist. I have a lot of Lyran/Skye lore info already up on our website.

.../tiphat

Edited by Arturus, 21 May 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#3 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I have seen a Housesteiner.com

seems like they are in the process of updating it for real use.

#4 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostDamocles, on 22 May 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

I have seen a Housesteiner.com

seems like they are in the process of updating it for real use.

We've held that domain for many years and are working towards reworking the look to update it. Much of that will likely be determined by how MWO plays and what we think will be useful. Obviously, it's still early to flesh out what that is but I would expect we would accept any assistance available in the gathering of historic information.

#5 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments! Alrighty then, since there is a house Steiner website, I won't duplicate that effort. I will probably start a non -cannon Steiner cadet branch storyline website (I like to write). I will also offer what help I can to the other web sites, especially where any writing is concerned.

Meanwhile, I'm very interested how the regimental structure (meaning, clubs, guilds, etc) is going to develop. I am also excited about the strategic component o the game as well. No matter how tactical the game play, here is always room for grand strategy even If it's completely external to in game environment.

Thoughts?

#6 DarkKnight ST

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

I have the felling that all Lance, Company, Regiments, and so on will end up being all external for some reason. I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong. That was one aspect of the game that seemed to draw a good bit of attention. Either way we will soon find out. As Journey said we do have the Housesteiner.com domain with the House forums. So stop in and see what's new in House Steiner.

#7 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostJohan Karl Steiner, on 21 May 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

1. Are there any Steiner wikis?

Are you familiar with Sarna? It's fairly exhaustive, though not even close to comprehensive (though a "House characters project" is on the docket).

#8 DarkKnight ST

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Sarna has some good information about House Steiner. Which will more than likely be added to the House site in one form or another. There is some information missing from there that I'm going to try and find. I just forwarded some old House docs to Journey to take a look at last night and probably will be composing more stuff in the next week or so that way we can get the history of the house on record better. There is a running thread on the House forums for a history project so a few of us older House members are trying to get things together and better organized for when MWO starts.

Edited by DarkKnight ST, 25 May 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#9 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

View PostDarkKnight ST, on 24 May 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

I have the felling that all Lance, Company, Regiments, and so on will end up being all external for some reason.

While I have no solid evidence of this, I believe your conclusion is sound.

The principal thrust of a developer (and the pressure of the publisher) is to get to release as soon as possible and start generating cash/profit. Anything outside of the core purpose (mech combat in this case) is either left to later updates or to the player base entirely.

Mostly, I believe it's up to us. Hence the reason for this post.

Let's begin to order (reorder?) the Steiner presence offline- to include regiments, command structures, player personalities and how we can interface this with the game.

For example: if we can have 12 mechs a side, we are talking a company sized match. Could we build team elements around this?

Thoughts?

#10 DarkKnight ST

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'd like to see all new and older House Steiner members sign up on the house forums http://www.housesteiner.com/forum/ so we can start organize for MWO. Also once registered for the forums you'll be able to get access to our TS3 info and if interested access to the MW4mercs practice servers.

#11 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostJohan Karl Steiner, on 26 May 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

While I have no solid evidence of this, I believe your conclusion is sound.

The principal thrust of a developer (and the pressure of the publisher) is to get to release as soon as possible and start generating cash/profit. Anything outside of the core purpose (mech combat in this case) is either left to later updates or to the player base entirely.

Mostly, I believe it's up to us. Hence the reason for this post.

Let's begin to order (reorder?) the Steiner presence offline- to include regiments, command structures, player personalities and how we can interface this with the game.

For example: if we can have 12 mechs a side, we are talking a company sized match. Could we build team elements around this?

Thoughts?

Back in MPBT:Solaris, we established the units, filled the lances, battalions, companies, etc. of our own volition and had ways of identifying where we belonged with tags. It may be possible to do something similar, depending on how the devs roll this out but it is still unclear how this would work. However, we used to self police this with gentlemen's agreements to adhere to the rank and pecking order that was established. We have little control over individual actions in truth and gaming has changed much since then...

#12 McQueen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 187 posts
  • LocationOff grid

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

It seems from the blogs and Q/As that rank and unit affiliation for houses will be perks earned in game with loyalty points. That shouldn't stop anyone from organizing on their own for matches and camaraderie. Just that we need to be aware that there will be people only playing pugs who will have equal right to say they are such a rank in blank regiment .as far as the game is concerned, as someone in an organized group.

#13 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

[color=#959595] [/color]http://www.housesteiner.com/forum

Bump!

#14 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

We at the Skye Rangers are adapting well to both the MWO in-game requirements and our own internal initiatives. For example, within MWO the Sky Rangers will be known as Skye's Own. If and when the Skye Rangers stand-up within MWO, we have scores of members who can shift to that house unit.

Come and join one of the oldest LCOM units on the roles of the LCAF. We have a proud history and a brigade ready to defend House Steiner! Join the Sky Rangers now!

Johan "Hans" Grecco-Steiner
17th Skye Rangers "The Boys of Summer"
www.skye-Rangers.net

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users