Mastering Mechs In The Pilot Lab.

7 replies to this topic

#1 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I just finished getting all my Jenners up to the level of Elite and I was wondering if I sell any 1 or 2 of the 3 required, will I still maintain the Elite status on the 1 that remains unsold?

It's late and I'm having a hard time articulating what I am asking. Basically I bought 3 Jenners and leveled them up with XP to get the Speed Tweak proficiency on my D variant but I want the mech bays for another class of mech now that I'm done with that. Am I stuck with all 3 of them forever to keep the perks or can I sell the others off?

Thanks.

#2 Pinkamena Diane Pie

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPonyville, EQ

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

You're free to sell them off and you'll keep the proficiencies you own.

You'll only no longer be able to get anymore proficiencies with the variants you do sell. So unlock all of those elite proficiencies IF you really want to get that Jenner D to master.

#3 Slicer

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Heres another question/development that a friend brought up to me while we were discussing mastering mechs.

Assume a person has mastered up 1 mech chassis 3 variants (lets say Catapults C1 A1 K2), then he wants a cool Hero Dragon and only likes playing that one dragon and getting it to master and would rather play the other dragon variants as little as possible. Can one just get basics for the dragon chassis 3 variants, just play the Hero Dragon only to enough to get the master level slot without having to gain elite skills for the other two dragons that that person owns?

My friend told me that as long as you have 3 mech variants of a weight class (not necessarily the same mech chassis) elited up, you can earn master level prociency on them without necessarily leveling up all the variants that you've bought for that chassis. This is a pretty big development since one can skip elite skill leveling utterly dreadful mechs like the Raven Xs.

#4 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostPinkamena Diane Pie, on 01 January 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

You're free to sell them off and you'll keep the proficiencies you own.

You'll only no longer be able to get anymore proficiencies with the variants you do sell. So unlock all of those elite proficiencies IF you really want to get that Jenner D to master.

Thank you!

#5 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostSlicer, on 01 January 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

My friend told me that as long as you have 3 mech variants of a weight class (not necessarily the same mech chassis) elited up, you can earn master level prociency on them without necessarily leveling up all the variants that you've bought for that chassis. This is a pretty big development since one can skip elite skill leveling utterly dreadful mechs like the Raven Xs.

Yep. If you have (for instance) mastered the cataphracts, once you want to start playing with the dragons, you only need 3 variants, unlock all the basics for three of them and then you're free to sell the two other variants.

The only remaining dragon can be skilled to elite AND then to master (without unlocking elite skills for all of the 3 dragons again), since you've already mastered 1 heavy chassis (cataphracts).

#6 Arpacolas

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hey all,

If I have 3 mech variants elited, I sell one, then buy it back later, will the efficiencies be retained?

#7 ZelenKai

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Is there any point to master a mech besides the extra module slot? Seems like there's nothing worthwhile after the elite skills.

#8 Fred013

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the red dot on your chest.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostArpacolas, on 03 January 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Hey all,

If I have 3 mech variants elited, I sell one, then buy it back later, will the efficiencies be retained?

Yes. Tested. All the xp will be there and efficiencies unlocked, though it may not say so until you buy it.

Edited by Fred013, 03 January 2013 - 03:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users