9 replies to this topic

#1 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I got bored leveling up my last Raven to master, so I decided to stick an AC20 onto it.

It's a really, really stupid build but holy hell is it fun; you get all the time in the world to line up your shots because when people see a Raven slowing to a crawl and not doing anything, they just think the pilot's ********.

Raven 4X

1 x AC20 w/ 2 tons of ammo
2 x MLAS
Ferro-Fibrous Armour (maxed out less 10 armour on each leg and a few points on the head)
Endo-Steel internals
XL-195 Engine

99.3kph with speed tweak.

I saw that other people had run this too in the past, anyone still doing it? Usually get a few laughs from the team-mates, it utterly sucks balls at fighting lights though.

#2 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dunno if you already know it but this reminds me of a video with a whole gang of AC/20 Raven ->

Ah i miss collision.

#3 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Oh that trollmando kill made my day, I do miss collision <_<

#4 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I laughed my *** off when the two Ravens collided and the one ended up on its head. <_<

#5 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

isnt it better to use the cicada 3M with ECM for that?
std engine 205 (83 kph/89 kph with speed tweak)
2 std heatsinks
endosteel
ferrofibrous armor
ECM
AC20
3-4ammo depending on how weak your armor is, knowing that your focus is left torso, central torso and legs.

If you don't want ECM, then the best bot for 1 ac20 is the YLW centurion.
XL engine 280 for a top speed of 97.5 kph with speed tweak, 2 medium lasers, 1 ams, plenty of ammo...
superior in all points to a raven for that purpose.
My only regret is we don't have (yet?) the AH variant, as it has superior firepower, trading those 2 energy hardpoints for 2 missiles. I doubt that happens tho, as that would make the hero mech obsolete.

Edited by bantapoo, 03 January 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#6 The Captain

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

The AC/20 raven is fun in a group of 3-4, especially to flank and take out LRM boats. My clan and I ran these flocks more often pre-ecm, as post ecm you end up playing as 3-4 lights that are useless at killing other lights, facing 3-4 lights on the other team which are probably ecm ravens with streaks or dedicated light hunters.

#7 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Conjures up the mental image of a real Raven landing on your shoulder and whispering something so offensive into your ear you have to stop and think about the future of MWO and humanity in general.

TLDR: Picture a Raven sitting on an Atlas' shoulder, telling it about how useless it is because it's not a DDC (and hence has no ECM) as black tears of oil flow from the eye sockets in its skull-face.

AC20 right there.

#8 Galaxy Drifter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationEast of Seattle

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

A not really practical, but possibly very fun mech I am going to play, is waiting for a couple of weapon changes.

CICDA CDA-3C

Two weapon changes are in the works. 1. A Stun-like effect for PPC & 2. Some change to make MG's useful.

So, the CDA-3C w/ one PPC/ERPPC and 4 machine guns will be a lot of fun, though likely not really effective.

#9 deXavier

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'm currently running an AC/20 Raven and absolutly love it. I've found it to be wonderfully versitile if you build it right, so here's my build right now:
RVN-4X
XL 195 engine (90.2 kph with spead tweak)
Jump jet
2 Med. Las. on chain fire
AC/20
3 tons AC/20 ammo
3 Double heat sinks
C.A.S.E.
Endo-Steel Structure
Standard Armor:
8 head
15 cent. torso
7 cent. torso rear
10 right torso
7 right torso rear
10 left torso
7 left torso rear
15 right and left arms
17 right and left legs

Since I don't have much ammo, I use the med. las. to line up the shot before plugging them with the AC/20, and since I don't have much armor, I've found it's best to hit and run. Other lights are a pain, but having 2 med. las. allows me to do decent against them, and the AC/20 can absolutely pound Mechs several size categories larger.
I'd love to run in a flight of these. Anyone interested?

#10 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 02 January 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

I got bored leveling up my last Raven to master, so I decided to stick an AC20 onto it.

It's a really, really stupid build but holy hell is it fun; you get all the time in the world to line up your shots because when people see a Raven slowing to a crawl and not doing anything, they just think the pilot's ********.

Raven 4X

1 x AC20 w/ 2 tons of ammo
2 x MLAS
Ferro-Fibrous Armour (maxed out less 10 armour on each leg and a few points on the head)
Endo-Steel internals
XL-195 Engine

99.3kph with speed tweak.

I saw that other people had run this too in the past, anyone still doing it? Usually get a few laughs from the team-mates, it utterly sucks balls at fighting lights though.

This is my new favorite trollmech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users