My Sniper Cicada Cda-3C Build

5 replies to this topic

#1 ADIHD2

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRomania

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

I used the CICADA CDA-3C for the ballistics hardpoints and to have some speed and mobility but i had to make some compromises to be able to carry the weapons and have some armor left :huh:,

i wanted more speed but in the end it's ok,u only need the speed to relocate and to keep your distance,i could have used a Centurion but i like having my weapons build in to the Mech and not in the arms which can be blown apart very easily.

It has a thin silhouette with long skinny legs so it's harder to hit,people tend to fire at the front torso so i used most of the armor there,but most of the time u won't be the desired target being in the back and with the low silhouette.

You are only vulnerable to the light and fast Mechs and if u are alone and one will face u,your most chances to survive is to run and find your team for cover.

I only used long range weapons since i wanted a sniper mech so i have 2 AC2 and an ER PPC so my engage distance is 700+ meters.Having ballistics weapons u have to lead your target and take in account the distance,speed and the MP code :) which with a ping around 150 makes things quite hard to hit but with time u will get used to :).

#2 ADIHD2

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

One more video

#3 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I watched two first games on the first video. First of all, stomps don't really make a good show. I couldn't help notice that you were in a premade and were stomping the enemy. Nobody even took a shot at you and you were hanging behind your buddies all the time. My point being that it's not entertaining to watch. Secondly, I don't know if it's your graphic settings or the compression of the video, but even at 720p the quality was very rough. Another turn off for the viewers.

Overall I don't think the stompy games showed off your build very well. You can make any build look good when its smooth sailing for you. I would suggest improving both the video and gameplay quality. Please do not be offended by my criticism.

#4 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Gonna echo MadPanda here. Stomps don't mean anything. Show an unedited match with you Pugging.

#5 ADIHD2

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

That's the point of using a "Sniper" Mech,to avoid getting hit and to strike from a distance so that others can't hit you,and most of the weapons except the AC2 ,ERPPC (that i'm using) and the LRM won't past the 700 m.This is a team game,u can't win without your team support (like other games)no matter how much firepower and skill u got,so my Mech has a supporting role,u can have enemy Mechs keep their heads down till your team deploys on the battlefield and then keep them under fire,i did have matches with up to 550 dmg.

I made this videos with the highlights of my gameplays to make it more interesting to watch.at least so i thought :),but people have different tastes for everything,I know about the quality but this is the best i can get out of my current PC and internet connection,hope to change things in the near future.

#6 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

You're a "sniper" build that doesn't have the heat dissipation to sustain it, the speed to relocate to a better spot, the armor to withstand backlash, or the short range weapons/systems to fend off reprisal. If you're going to run that build, at least go with the 3M, put in ECM, and drop the 2nd AC2 to gain more speed and armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users