My C1 Cat

7 replies to this topic

#1 TwigTech

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

I know this is probably a very well-discussed and thoroughly explored mech, but I thought I'd share my build anyway, since it's just about the best I have.

I've been running a C1 Founders since closed beta, and have been tweaking it along the way to adjust for gameplay and balance changes. With the advent of ECM, I had to rework my Cat into something versatile. Thus, I came up with this design:

TwigTech's Balanced Cat

I've been using this build for over a month now, and it works exceptionally well. It's maneuverable enough to react to LRM fire and get behind cover, and it really shines in the 450-180 meter range. I typically use it as a direct fire support mech, combining Artemis LRM 15's, Tag and LL fire at medium to long range before shifting to LL's and the ML at close range.

Please let me know what you think, and I hope this helps some of the other Cat pilots out there.

Edited by TwigTech, 29 January 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#2 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

interesting build you have there. :angry:
funny this, I've been working on my founders C1 today and, realized i haven't played cats at all since open beta :ph34r:
so i made a very aggressive close mid range brawler to suit my play style.

xl 300 engine
DHS= 20
2 large lasers. 1 in both side torsos.
2 medium lasers, CT
and the dreaded SRM6 x2 arms ofc
2 tons of ammo
maxed armor except the legs shaved a ton of them for the extra ammo.
may shave another ton off armor, but seeing how the 2 ton ammo goes first off

runs about 75kph
heat efficiency 1.37

it can get ugly for the enemy, if you haven't got the "A1" tag they tend to ignore you atm lol

#3 Dagaz

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 59 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Like both builds.

#4 TwigTech

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostDemoned, on 29 January 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

interesting build you have there. :angry:
funny this, I've been working on my founders C1 today and, realized i haven't played cats at all since open beta :ph34r:
so i made a very aggressive close mid range brawler to suit my play style.

xl 300 engine
DHS= 20
2 large lasers. 1 in both side torsos.
2 medium lasers, CT
and the dreaded SRM6 x2 arms ofc
2 tons of ammo
maxed armor except the legs shaved a ton of them for the extra ammo.
may shave another ton off armor, but seeing how the 2 ton ammo goes first off

runs about 75kph
heat efficiency 1.37

it can get ugly for the enemy, if you haven't got the "A1" tag they tend to ignore you atm lol

This is almost the exact build I was running in my C1 before I switched over to what I'm piloting now. I agree, it's absolutely brutal, but you're going to need more than two tons of ammo - I tend to do 1.5 tons of ammo per SRM6, rounded up. My issue with that brawler C1 build is that I couldn't seem to hold up to the punishment of a similarly heavy brawler, such as a SRM Cat, and I was suffering headshots before I could kill my opponent.

Edited by TwigTech, 29 January 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#5 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostTwigTech, on 29 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

This is almost the exact build I was running in my C1 before I switched over to what I'm piloting now. I agree, it's absolutely brutal, but you're going to need more than two tons of ammo - I tend to do 1.5 tons of ammo per SRM6, rounded up. My issue with that brawler C1 build is that I couldn't seem to hold up to the punishment of a similarly heavy brawler, such as a SRM Cat, and I was suffering headshots before I could kill my opponent.

your right about the ammo lol, just swapped out 1 heat sink for another ton :ph34r:
heats gone down to 1.34 but that's still very respectable.

I'm not really a LRM man it takes some skill to use, I'll admit that,
i just shine more with close range hits,
fav mech is a 4SP go figure :angry:

#6 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

You do realize that you have only 12 shots of LRM, right?

#7 TwigTech

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

You do realize that you have only 12 shots of LRM, right?

18 shots. There's a ton of ammo in each side torso ,and a ton in the head. However, I'd note that Artemis and Tag also make every volley especially damaging to the center mass of the target. I also don't fire at targets who I can't see or aren't confirmed by teammates to be out in the open and unable to escape the volley.

#8 sarkun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Nice build - I run a slightly different cat: 300XL, 2 LRM15+Art, Tag, 3 MPLAS. 4 tons of ammo, 16 DHS, almost max armor.

It runs super cool, but the lack of overlap on lasers and missiles hurts a little. Very maneuverable though. The LRMs with Artemis and Tag are devastating - I've had a few Cataphracats rush me, only when they reached me they went down after one laser volley.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users