Kernel Online, Sysfiles Online, Network Online, All Systems Nominal

No replies to this topic

#1 Durahl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

While browsing my HDD's I found some old Soundfiles I used as Windows Soundfiles during the MechWarrior 2 / Windows 95-98 Period ( bless the old times xD ) so I decided to check if I could bring back some of the nostalgia by Installing MW related Soundfiles on my current Win7 System.

Anyway... After some digging and a few cups of Coffee I found a ZIP containing a bunch of MW2 *.wav Soundfiles minus the Startup one which I was actually looking for but after some more digging I also found the missing one though I had to convert it into a *.wav first.

For everyone interested here's a DropBox Link containing 4 Soundfiles I deemed suitable plus an *.exe I grabbed after some problems when it came to installing the Logon Sound file:
Windows 7 will only play the new Logon Sound when you relog into your Account or when reinitializing explorer.exe after it crashed - Not when starting the PC!

So I got the *.exe from the Win7Forums after noticing that you cannot simply change the Windows Logon Sound of Windows 7 unless you do some *.dll hacking which I just didn't feel like doing so I took the shortcut using the *.exe which seems to do just that - For further Information regarding the *.exe or how to do the manual editing without the *.exe click here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users