• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Before the Match

I. Mechs

Rule #1 “Know your Mech!” Study it. Know where its weapons are, what side you need to protect and what side you can use to shield yourself when the time comes. Know its ranges and ammo capacities. Do the math and figure out exactly how many shots you get before you run out. Know what its biggest weakness is and how to compensate for it. Know how it will be helped and hurt by certain terrain types. Bottom line, KNOW YOUR MECH.

Rule #2 ”Know your Enemy” Take a moment and look at the specs of other mechs. There are a lot of them, but make a mental note of the ones that are either much faster than your mech or deal substantially more damage than your mech. Get a general idea as to where each mech houses its most potent weapons. These areas will become your targets.

Rule #3 “Know the Maps” If you're a new player, then it will take time to familiarize yourself with the various map layouts and nuances. Once you have played enough games, and you are familiar with each map, know where the best and worst places for your mech to be are. Positioning is half the battle. Points if you know what the other half is.

II. Your Personal Battle Strategy

The most important thing you can do before you hit that Launch button is ask yourself
these simple questions:

1. What mechs am I going to kill and how am I going to kill them?
2. What mech is going to kill me and how is it going to kill me?

The answers will become your personal battle strategy. You will know what to go after and what to stay away from. Your team is there to help, but you'll win more if you can at least pull your own weight.

During the Match

Tips for a successful game:

1. Never get caught alone.
2. Never get caught in the open.
3. Never walk straight at an enemy thinking you'll just out-gun him. You won't.
4. Never give an enemy your backside.
5. Never fire until you confirm it's a hostile.
6. Never shutdown. Unless it is absolutely, 100% going to kill your target, it is far better to cool down and keep trying to maneuver than to give your enemy a free shot at a stationary target.
7. Never chase after a light mech running away from your main force.
8. Never stand still.
9. Do use your radar.
10. Do focus fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users