#61 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Games played only accounts for a small percentage of your score. Just enough to reward players who are consistent over a long period.

Not for the weight class ranks. it is clearly heavily weighted to total games played regardless of win/loss

#62 Kvidar

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

There seems to be a direct correlation between # of rounds played and # on the leaderboards... i'm 10th on the heavy list right now, and there have consistently been people above me with less wins, but ~12 more losses under their belt. clearly they should be ranked above me.
the other confusing thing is that I end each round with a solid 7-800 damage dealt, kills/assists on almost their entire team, and i help cap all the objectives en route, my match score is usually top in the round, averaging around 90-100, so it's not like i'm lacking in quality with the rounds. It's rather unfortuanate that this competition is going to come down simply to who has more time this weekend. I would -love- to see the algorithm that they are using to determine placement.

#63 Hawkwings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'd guess that it's heavily weights towards total number of kills, assists, etc. Which, of course, means that if you play lots of games, you'll have lots of kills and assists.

#64 LoneUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostH8Bitter, on 22 February 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

I would love to give some feedback for this thing but unfortunately every match is a complete cheesecake disaster, so I cant bring myself to drop at all, way to ruin the weekend...

Man... it's unreal the luck I am having.

ELO is not working or something, I just keep losing.. like not even funny losses. ECM all over the place. On the other team at least. I'm chased down every match in my treb by at least 1 ecm raven, and I get on the teams that just ignore them and let them do their thing.

My first match this morning it was about 45 seconds before I had 3 ecm ravens on me..... I should have known right there what was in store for the day.

#65 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

I've been trying to stay in the top 3 of the mediums, but if requires going through so many games. Also means I would have to keep doing it until sunday and I would like to go to sleep haha.

Be nice if the leader boards were reset each day. So you have 3 sets of winners for each day.

I'll keep playing tomorrow for the cbills. But doubt I will be able to get back up to the top 3.

#66 Bguk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Too many games to even compete. I would have thought things would have been based more on averages, not amount. No way for a lot of players to compete.

And especially with the disconnects/screen freezes happening regularly.

Edited by Bguk, 22 February 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#67 Dornath

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationStraight to the Frontline

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

8 hours played, holding rank 1 assault for 4 ... enough for this weekend.

in Germany it´s four o´clock in the morging.

Good night Pilots!

#68 GrabbleRus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostDornath, on 22 February 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

8 hours played, holding rank 1 assault for 4 ... enough for this weekend.

in Germany it´s four o´clock in the morging.

Good night Pilots!

Good night. 8 hours too and rank assault... I'm on the edge

Edited by GrabbleRus, 22 February 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#69 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostChemie, on 22 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Not for the weight class ranks. it is clearly heavily weighted to total games played regardless of win/loss

It's less than 10%.

#70 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I just want to thank all the Devs for putting this on, not so much because i have a shot at winning(I don't :) ) but for the amazing amount of effort my team is now putting to win, ive never seen Solo players act so coordinated and actually try to win.

Thanks guys :mellow:

#71 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 22 February 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Question for Devs. Is TAG/NARC bonuses applied to the spotting bonuses for overall score?

/pokes Bryan

Edited by hammerreborn, 22 February 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#72 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 22 February 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

games played is a bad way to keep track , it means whoever plays the most will win

^

I just gave up. Too hard to catch up to the people already at the top by the time I got home. Plus, I have Heros and a Founder that I want to run for the CBills. All in all, a poor competition.

#73 GrabbleRus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

It's less than 10%.

Well, maybe win+loss variables aren't much, but there're sure other ones. They're being Increased with games played. And increasing the overall score without improving the average score. Otherwise I wouldn't experience a stable rise of the score throughout 9 hours of playing. I know I'm much worse right now then i was at the start. But score is still rising several points per 15 mins.

#74 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

my play experience today vs yesterday was more extreme than mr spock vs evil spock.. :)
would be funny if at the end of tourney, pgi eliminated the most popular variant in each weight category..
It would undoubtedly make the game exponentially better.

#75 Andrew Cranston

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostChemie, on 22 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ogy/4137782.stm

#76 Xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationTrying desperately to get behind you for an Alpha Strike!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

To make it more fair, maybe they should take your best 50 out of your first 60 games played over the weekend, and do the points from there. That way, everyone in every time zone and those that cant play 24/7 all weekend have an equal chance. The scores would also all be based on the same number of games, so the scoring would be equal and it would more accurately point to a good pilot.

Numbers are just for example, they could say best 100 or 200 out of XXX games or whatever....

Xiang

#77 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

less than 10% yet looking at the leaderboard it does seem still to be skewed heavily towards games played. It will be very interesting if we could get to see actual average damage dealt, weapons used, etc.

I'm sure PGI is drooling over the data. There's so much ECM out there right now almost every game is like an 8 man...haha.

#78 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

LRMs and SRM generally give u more damage points per game, and I am seeing some of the ranked players using heavy missle loadouts..... wonder if its a coincidence....

I myself am just using non cheese loadouts, to see how I do. The way it looks I probably wont rank as well as the cheese build mechs. We will see...

I believe that tourney members are also facing 4 man premades still, because not everyone playing is in the tourney, and getting rolled occasionally. I suspect there may be teams attempting to sync drop with solo members in their clan to give them an edge on win/loss. If they drop together, they coordinate for a win, if they are split, the non tourney members throw the match and help their clan mate out. How much that will actually matter I have no idea... maybe it does nothing to help u. Some of the ranked players have not so good win/loss.

Edited by Teralitha, 22 February 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#79 Renthrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I wonder if it ever occurred to the people that set up this event that it would result in a fricking hailstorm of cheese builds and troll 4-man groups, making lone wolf gameplay the least fun it's been in a long time?

I know of at LEAST 1 person that was in the top 50 early on that quit because it stopped being anything close to enjoyable, being stomped by a lance of Atlai or SRM catapults every second match, and fighting off base rushes the rest of the time.

To make this even remotely fair, all group drops other than 8-man (which has a separate queue) should have been disabled, and wins/losses shouldn't count towards the rankings at all. This is a contest for solo droppers, so winning is based more on the luck of the draw for the other 7 people on the team than an individual's skills, and one cicada running away after capping all the points or sitting on the base while the rest of the enemy team fights the remaining 7 mechs isn't a measure of the same skills as actually engaging the opposing team.

You need to plan for the worst in people coming out if you want to have large-scale events like this. It's painfully easy for vermin who don't stand a chance in the rankings (or just aren't participating) to spend the contest bringing down the people actually trying. You don't need to cheat to make life hell for other players.

#80 Dreepa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

There I am, made it to overall rank 20 and busy the rest of the weekend. What a pity...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users