• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 24 February 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

that first poll shows kinda the opposite when you take a few basic human behavior concepts into account. People who have no reason to complain about anything in game dont visit the forums that much. People who do have problems/issues always visit the forums. Taking that into account, a 50/50 result it already heavily bias towards the dislike side, so it just goes to prove the overall majority of players either like or dont mind ECM.

I tend to agree it was apart of the BattleTech game so therefore should be apart of the online experience.... Learn to adapt, simples...

#82 Haitchpeasauce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

EyeOne: Will you consider changing the lock on mechanic for the SSRM2s to make it require more attention and aim from the pilot?

A: We review these concepts regularly. Right now, no plans.

This is about the worst answer I've read to date.

#83 Quardak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

If they change ECM to only slower Time for a correct Lock for Streaks all will be fine.

No stealth bubble... so you only can longer your own life and not game breaking :D

#84 Dire Wolfie

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Just to question, read through the previous 3 Q&A, and i still have the doubt.
When they implement EU servers, does that mean i have to start all over again?

I mean, there will be any chance for us EU players, to transfer the account to EU servers?
It's not so funny to start over again with 1000 matches already played, and to the answers of "so keep playing on NA servers" you wouldn't say that if u have to play with 130+ ping, and shoot lasers 8 meters from the targets trajectorie to actually hit them.

#85 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Servers – EU :

Seth: Could you clarify the answer last week concerning the split of US and UK players on different servers? I ask because a number of units have members from all around the world and it would be rough if we couldn't interact with them in the game.
A: For most regions, players will get to choose which servers to play on. So if you have a friend in the UK that want to play with US players, they can log into NA servers. This holds true for NA players, who can log into EU servers and play with friends there. Final details are still evolving, so this information is subject to change.

WolvesX: Is a server split really necessary, could there not be just the option, before a match where to play (EU / NA) and the community could stay together (Worldwide ComWar, Units)?
A: To offer the best possible play experience and customer support for each region, yes we believe regional servers are the best choice. For most regions, players will still have the option to play on any server.

Can you please be more precise ?
Your first answer seems to mean that we will have a unique user account that we can log on any server ?
Your second answer seems to mean that we will be able to choose the server we want to play on ?
What about our stats/cbills/xp ? Will they be updated no matter the server ? And what about the account migration you talked about in the previous Q&A ?

#86 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostFaydeaway, on 23 February 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Let me ask you this. If the main argument for NOT displaying pre-mades is because PUG players would rage quit, grief, and/or drop from the match CLEARLY indicate there's some issue with PUGs playing against pre-mades? I mean, why would PUGs care if they played against pre-mades if it didn't affect the balance of the match? Perhaps it does affect the balance of the match? Perhaps getting rolled over by a coordinated 4 mech heavy/assault pre-made lance in every other match is not enjoyable? Perhaps knowing your PUG team is about to engage a pre-made group will prompt the PUG team to organize a little?

I've played other MMOs where teams are identified (Most recently WoT) and you didn't see rage quitting, griefing, or other bad behavior because of it. But somehow it's going to be a problem in MWO? That's a pretty thin argument.

What is generally a Premade players? how to PGI to see if anyone other uses a voice chat program (this was in the closed beta, the main feature of a Premade player)

#87 Captain MKTauric

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 16 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

TKS for the infos and insights you gave us.
Your work is very much appreciated.

go on

#88 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

These Q&A threads have become a major source of information and a great read. Keep up!

#89 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

FrostCollar: Are there plans for other mech electronics that are added in the mechlab and are not modules, such as targeting computers, enhanced comm. equipment, etc?
A: No plans.

Bryan or other Dev, would you be able to comment on this? Some of the canon Mechs equip this stuff, just curious if this means no plans currently or no plans ever, since equipment specfically, the IS Targeting Computer, doesn't show up yet in the timeline (3062).

I guess a better question would be, if it might be considered later on in development? Or even the Clan version (they brought this tech with them)? For instance, the Night Gyr C (3052), Turkina B (3052), Executioner C (3001), Fire Moth D (2874), Puma Prime (3010), Hellbringer Prime (2926), Thor D (2872), Gargoyle D (2945), Warhawk Prime (2999), all use it.

I absolutely loved how the targeting computer was actually made to work in Mech Warrior 3 after equipping it. You could target components and the pipper would provide you with a 'lead pipper' to target, kind of like modern day equipment in Jets. I believe Paul said Mech Warrior 3 is his favorite too.

Edited by General Taskeen, 25 February 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#90 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the info!

I'm happy my question got answered :)

#91 RoadRagePTP

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

I don't know if this was asked... is there gonna be a way to add someone as a friend after the match.... some kind of tab you click on their name and go to add friend...Right now the way it is you have to try and remember the mech pilots name... and sometimes the names are to long or difficult ....

For the second question is there gonna be game chat enabled soon so you can actually talk to your team and give details....instead of scrambling to type that they're behind ... and by the time you do that its too late...

#92 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Very interesting!

I do want to comment on the cockpit damage effect...

Canonically, you're not looking out of the window of a battlemech, but instead the view of your... headgear? It puts the whole HUD., Indeed, a lot of mechs don't even have a transparent view to see outside without the helmet. So I am not sure adding a cockpit damage effect is the right choice for immersion.

#93 Milksteak

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Spirit of the Wolf: Any plans to implement things like mines, mech-sized grenades, claymores, or other things that would not require the usage of the Command Console?
A: We have some ideas here. We need our consumable system to come online in March before any work can happen here.

Had To come out of my lurkdom to Raise this point....

Does this mean will have Gold Ammo like WOT? Or will these "consumables" be for CB only? Gold ammo and items have to be the worst thing we could have in MWO...

#94 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostThontor, on 23 February 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

how does knowing the other team has a premade on it change the results in any way? How does it give them advantage that the fact they are a premade is hidden? explain that to me because that doesnt make sense

Bryan is right.. some people would rage quit upon first sight of a premade, not to mention the hate that would be spewed out against premades like they are some kinda evil entity.

Exposing a group as a premade is just asking for trouble..

I quit the match if I suspect a premade. I'd rather spend my limited gaming time productively so either I quit at start (against policy) or I kamikaze (against policy). If they want to ban me for their refusal to address concerns over premades and sync-dropping then I welcome it.

#95 NKAc Street

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Would it be possible to get some clarification on this answer? If I need to ask this question in a new ask the dev post that is fine, just let me know.

-------------------

jay35: Are there plans to implement a match configuration interface that allows players to create/host matches on a specific map? Or at the very least, a way to know the map we will be dropped into before we select our mechs?

A: No to the first part. We do not plan to allow players to run matches with specific parameters. Yes to the second part.

-------------------

Even if we cannot pick a specific map, Will we be able to play matches against specific players of our choosing?

#96 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostNKAc Street, on 01 March 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Would it be possible to get some clarification on this answer? If I need to ask this question in a new ask the dev post that is fine, just let me know.

-------------------

jay35: Are there plans to implement a match configuration interface that allows players to create/host matches on a specific map? Or at the very least, a way to know the map we will be dropped into before we select our mechs?

A: No to the first part. We do not plan to allow players to run matches with specific parameters. Yes to the second part.

-------------------

Even if we cannot pick a specific map, Will we be able to play matches against specific players of our choosing?

He did clarify.

Or at the very least, a way to know the map we will be dropped into before we select our mechs? Yes to the second part.

Stop asking questions the answered thread. Ask a question in the QUESTION THREAD.

#97 NKAc Street

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostPando, on 01 March 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

He did clarify.

Or at the very least, a way to know the map we will be dropped into before we select our mechs? Yes to the second part.

Stop asking questions the answered thread. Ask a question in the QUESTION THREAD.

I asked for clarification on a specific point. The question was about MAPS, but the answer seemed generalized, so I asked about the answer, NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Maybe if the devs aren't going to follow up in the answered thread, they should lock it.

#98 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostNKAc Street, on 01 March 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I asked for clarification on a specific point. The question was about MAPS, but the answer seemed generalized, so I asked about the answer, NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Maybe if the devs aren't going to follow up in the answered thread, they should lock it.

Again, you were answered.

jay35: Are there plans to implement a match configuration interface that allows players to create/host matches on a specific map? NO

Or at the very least, a way to know the map we will be dropped into before we select our mechs? YES

No they're probably not going to lock out a thread because they may/may not comment within it. How about you just ask questions in the "question" thread THEN provide feedback "your feelings" in the "answered" thread. Like many many persons has done before you.

#99 NKAc Street

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostPando, on 01 March 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Again, you were answered.

jay35: Are there plans to implement a match configuration interface that allows players to create/host matches on a specific map? NO

Or at the very least, a way to know the map we will be dropped into before we select our mechs? YES

No they're probably not going to lock out a thread because they may/may not comment within it. How about you just ask questions in the "question" thread THEN provide feedback "your feelings" in the "answered" thread. Like many many persons has done before you.

It was not answered. The question was about MAP selection. M A P S E L E C T I O N.....

The DEVS answer may imply that the parameters in question would include the INABILITY to play specific PLAYERS, but I wanted clarification on that point since it was not mentioned.

If you know for a fact that we will not be able to play with specific players then we could be done with this exchange by pointing me towards what answers that question.

Do you know, or are you assuming the DEVS answer meant that specifically?

#100 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Once the EU servers are active, how to you foresee this effecting House units, game times, availability, etc.?
A: I would imagine existing players will most likely stay with NA servers if they have established accounts. New players from those regions, will most likely start out on regional servers. But to be perfectly honest, we haven’t done a full impact study.

I'll certainly change to EU ASAP unless all the 300-800 ms ping players go there as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users