Poser/3D Rendering For Fan Art Anyone?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Just wondering if anyone uses poser for 3D rendered fan art.
I've been working on a developing a chassis for use in poser that I can morph and scale, as well as add modeled armor to achieve the look of a wide variety of mechs. As it currently sits its just a skeleton that is rigged to be poseable. Currently i figure I could hang a passable warhammer or other stockier mech armor sets off it, but depending on how much I can achieve by morphing and scaling I could see being able to make a wide range of humanoid mechs out of it.

Anyway.. just thought I'd share what I'm working on. The below is just a random assortment of joint rotations to test things out

Posted Image

#2 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I have used Poser but trying to learn Cinema 4d currently. There was a bunch of 'mechwarrior models premade for Poser, rigged, and textured on the web.

#3 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Added some rudimentary armor on the lower leg and posing to show range of motion

Posted Image

#4 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

ok.. so not a lot of interest so far... I'm updating anyway!!

I did some more work on creating armor for legs and hips. I wouldn't say its any particular mech at this point, but I'm happy with the posing ability, even with armor added.Posted Image

#5 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Just thought I'd dump my latest work on this project into here!
Mostly finished a set of generic armor for it. I've added master parameters to teh body actor so all posing and scaling of the chassis as well as a few morphs can all be done in one place. Hip width, shoulder width, torso height, waist size arm length and leg length are all customizable.
Posted Image

#6 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Very nice! This is coming along well!

#7 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Thanks... I'm pretty happy with the way its coming along.. and having the internal skeleton to build over top of forced me to nuild more realistic armor to accommodate the possible joint rotations. The shoulders took several attempts but I learned a lot and might be able to start trying to make sets that mimic specific 'mechs more closely. This one has a vaguely phoenix hawk like shape, though I didn't reference the design specifically

Edited by Redmond Spiderhammer, 13 March 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#8 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Couldn't resist slapping jetpacks on the back on... probably not a serious addition :rolleyes: just thought it came out phoenix hawk-ish enough to make me want to see how it looked with the jets

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users