Good Moments In A Game

1 reply to this topic

#1 Aegis Fate

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Well, I figured we might as well have a repository of epic fights and such, especially because some of them are pretty cool.
I'll start.
CPLT-A1. Quad SSRM2, Twin LRM15. Alpine Peaks, Assault
I go to the top of the highest mountain, and I spot the enemy and begin raining missiles on them from afar. I've mostly been shooting at a single trenchbucket, who decides he's had enough of me and runs up to try and kill me. In the move to not be stationary, I begin to fall down the side of the mountain, so I'm firing Streaks at him whilst falling, he's firing at me, and its overall a good time. Got him about halfway down, so I head forwards to the primary fight. I rain some LRMs, get into Streak range and start firing away at some people. Another kill. Begin fighting a circle duel with a Stalker and end up coring him after some pretty heavy damage to my armor(Internals yellow). A Hunchback with dual AC5s gets at me and gets inside LRM minimum range, so I fire a few streaks until that horrid monster occurs. Out of Ammo. I'm essentially running in circles and occasionally jumping to reduce some of the hits coming at me, whilst trying to get my teammates to get at him. A fellow trenchbucket shows up, uses his MPLas on the guy, who is not paying attention to anything other then me, because I apparently have such powerful damage potential. He gets cored from behind, and I sit back thinking, '****, that was awesome'

#2 Jim Dean

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

So there I am, Jim Dean the Stalker-3f pilot, trudging around on Frozen City (day). Neither team has made contact for an unusually long time, to the point where some teammates split off to look into the cave. I summon the guts to peek over the drop ship and to my surprise... no one is there. I flip on my thermal vision and wander into their side of the city. Suddenly, from around the corner of the building I'm in front of emerges the glowing silhouette of an atlas, bright against the cold blue backdrop. They're impossible to headshot, as everyone knows, so I aim my dual ERPPCs directly at his center torso, hoping to soften him up for my team. I squeeze the trigger and two white lines streak out and strike him dead center...

...Jim Dean has killed SoAndSo

wut that atlas isn't dead. There's no way.

I turn off my thermal vision and the details of what just occurred became clear to me. Apparently, there was a hunchback who was in front of the atlas and moving in perfect tandem, so that in my thermal vision they look like one big atlas silhouette. All I had done was accidentally headshot some poor little hunch.

Then that atlas and his team murdered me. That's my best MWO story.

Edited by Jim Dean, 24 February 2013 - 08:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users