Mwo Discriminating The Frr!

106 replies to this topic

#81 GeneralMartok83

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostSurtr, on 04 March 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

And don't forget, who killed the il-Khan, forcing the Clans to halt their invasion for a year, thereby allowing Ulric Kerensky to take the helm of the invasion and set up Tukayyid, where the clans were stopped? Oh, thats right: Tyra Miraborg, an FRR aerospace pilot. Go home.

Exactly, an aerospace pilot. Your mechwarriors had NOTHING to do with it. Since we are on a MECHWARRIOR forum for a MECHWARRIOR game, an extremely fortunate, suicidal aerospace pilot isn't really pertinent to this discussion.

Edited by GeneralMartok83, 19 May 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#82 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

You waited two weeks and two pages to drop that gem?

#83 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Look again, he actually waited two MONTHS to post. And we are discussing the battle tech universe. So again, go home sir, you are drunk.

#84 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostStefan Killcrazy Christianson, on 24 February 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Great warriors of the FRR!

For to long the evil oppressors have treated us as a second rate force.
It is time that we rise up against those that seek to shackle us, let's take the fight to them!

I speak of course about the blatant insult the so called "Forum administrators" has put upon us!
At this VERY moment a banner of shame hangs straight before our eyes!
Every time I enter these forums it's there, insulting my very nature and ancestors!

I speak of course about the "FACTION TALK -SUB FORUM!"!!!
Under each of the Houses name there is a small gray text saying "The GREAT house of *** "
And what does it say beneath the FRR?

NOTHING!!! Insulters! Bandits! Murderers!

WE demand to get a fitting description of our choice!

Starting today the FRR has put a ban on all exports of cheap but functional furniture, salted fish, drinkable alcoholic beverages and heavy metal (this includes ABBA)!

We must strike hard and fast, It's imperative that we achieve our primary objectives before the weeks end, else the element of surprise might be lost forever.
This slight of our honor must cease immediately!

The warrior of old are watching us!
Will you be worthy to enter their great hall when the time comes?

You're a *minor canonical faction.

Hush hush. Space vikings is a silly idea. There's a reason you were left out in all the other MWO games. Be glad your faction even officially exists.

Edited by PanzerMagier, 19 May 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#85 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Please remind me where the Tech Officer in Mercs 4 is from? Also where do most of the early clan fights in Mercs2 take place?

#86 ValdnadHartagga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationA contested planet

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 19 May 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

You're a *minor canonical faction.

Hush hush. Space vikings is a silly idea. There's a reason you were left out in all the other MWO games. Be glad your faction even officially exists.

Wrong! The FRR is one of four featured factions in MW2Mercs (the other three being the Draconis Combine, FedCom, and Comstar). Since MW2Mercs is a prequel to MW2, Successor States in the Invasion Corridor were featured. Every major Successor State has been featured at least once in a previous MechWarrior game (though some going far back - the FWL's only other video game appearance is in MW1.). A minor canonical faction looks more like the St. Ives Compact, or the various Periphery nations.

FedCom tends to be the most heavily featured of all the Successor States (has a presence in all games except MechWarrior 1, where it manifested as its original component Houses, and both MechAssaults but no one ever talks about those). Mostly due to author fiat (until very recently they were The Chosen Faction). Also, semantics: there is only one MWO.

View PostSurtr, on 19 May 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Also where do most of the early clan fights in Mercs2 take place?

Granted, pretty much all of the early Clan fights took place in the FRR...

#87 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

I DON'T NEED A HOUSE, I HAVE WENCHES, MEAD, ODIN, AND ALL CAPS SPEECH. OH AND A MANLY BEARD. BRAGHGH!

LET'S GO PILLAGE SOME CLANNER STUFF!

#88 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 19 May 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Space vikings is a silly idea...

Oh, yeah? Explain it to the Klingons...And let us know how that works out for you. :D

#89 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Actually, space Vikings are kind of an awesome idea. Now if only the Rasalhague folks were actually space Vikings and not weird Scandinavian people who gutted their own military in order to look less threatening to the Combine ...o_o.

With a few notable exceptions, of course. And the Rasalhague Dominion that comes (a lot) later is one of the incredibly few cool things to come of the whole Jihad/Dark Age/whatever bullship they tried to spoon-feed us...but let's face it, guys. You aren't exactly known for the incredible prowess of your MechWarriors or the cunning technology of your machines.

Your ground-level insurgents, on the other hand...well, if this was GuerrillaWarrior Online, I'd be significantly more worried about the Republic. After all, it wasn't your MechWarriors that made you such a miserable mouthful that the Combine had to spit you out :D

'Least, not as I remember it. I'll admit my grasp of the pre-Clan lore is shaky at best and mostly comes from Sarna binges and mid-novel history lessons.

#90 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

You FRR folks are just a bumper for when the Clans come, I.E. a place holder nation.

#91 Straften

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

I find this thread offensive.

#92 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

This thread started out nicely enough, but then it got trolled by the followers of inbred monarchical monkeys.

#93 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostThanatos676, on 20 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

You FRR folks are just a bumper for when the Clans come, I.E. a place holder nation.

Ghost bear vikings tbh.

#94 Tiger Shark

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Let's not forget space going Volvos and Saabs!
A mid-80s Volvo 240 wagon is essentially a mech in terms of amount of punishment it can handle, more like an assault mech in term of speed though.

Also did no one celebrate Norwegian Constitution Day here a couple of weeks ago?
http://en.wikipedia....onstitution_Day

#95 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

No, but I celebrated Cinco de Mayo... The anniversary of the French army getting whooped by some New World "peasants". :)

#96 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

View Post1453 R, on 20 May 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Actually, space Vikings are kind of an awesome idea. Now if only the Rasalhague folks were actually space Vikings...

...it wasn't your MechWarriors that made you such a miserable mouthful that the Combine had to spit you out.

...Says the guy who can't pick a faction. :)
Or, are you waiting to side with vat-grown space-commies?

#97 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'll settle for first access to Clan tech.

Also we aren't a house, great or otherwise.

#98 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostThanatos676, on 20 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

I can't wait for you to read the latest Era report, Daviot. You Fedrats will finally have author bias lifted and be laid low.

#99 Tovan Cassidine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostMacKoga, on 26 February 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

As states go, we're a republic, adult enough to govern ourselves. Other states have fallen into the trap of letting themselves be lead by noble houses. In fact, much of the conflict between the successor states comes not from emnity between people of one state against another, but petty rivalries between the nobles of their respective houses.

Nail on the head. Twice. Most people want to simply go about their lives and be left alone, yet their so-called betters are constantly squabbling over petty details and bits of this or that, expecting "their" people to settle those disputes for them with their own lives.

#100 Tovan Cassidine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostCG Oglethorpe Kerensky, on 28 February 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

so you don't have a single great noble house running things.

Neither does the Capellan Confederation...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users