Tag?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket2Uranus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I thought tag was a laser guidance equipment.
I've noticed even if I lose sight of enemies, they still have a lock on me, through moutains/buildings even though I hold an ECM.
Shouldn't they be losing lock on me after they lose sight of me and can't "TAG" me?

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

There is a module that holds the lock for them after they lose LOS, for about 2 seconds I think.

So if they TAG you, fire the salvo, and then lose lock, the missiles will keep their homing properties for 2 seconds after the lock is lost.

Edited by Roughneck45, 01 March 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#3 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

also missile warning does not mean there is an active lock it just means the missiles fired had a lock at some point and you will continue to get warning even if they are flying at a point that is 100m behind you.

#4 Rocket2Uranus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 01 March 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

There is a module that holds the lock for them after they lose LOS, for about 2 seconds I think.

So if they TAG you, fire the salvo, and then lose lock, the missiles will keep their homing properties for 2 seconds after the lock is lost.

yeah. but the thing is... it's more than just 2 seconds.

View Postblinkin, on 01 March 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

also missile warning does not mean there is an active lock it just means the missiles fired had a lock at some point and you will continue to get warning even if they are flying at a point that is 100m behind you.

yeah. the thing is. they aren't flying over me. while im moving. its still being guided to me.

just a concern.

Edited by Rocket2Uranus, 01 March 2013 - 02:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users