Best Streakcat Configurations?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ive noticed The streakcat making a bit of a comeback, I was initially confused as to why, but I figure it has to be the jumpjet buff. I tried it ou, and they are actually more solid now that I think they ever have been before.
you can use jumpjets to basically perform bombing runs on unuspecting targets, manuever away from danger , turn rapidly to protect your ears, and all sorts of other shenanigans, Also the Module adjustments against ecm increase the magic wiondow in which you can fire streaks at ECM lights.

The fact that your aiming is minimal means you can focus solely on evading incoming fire, target selection, flight control when to chainfire or alpha, and situational awareness, which is just as well since streaks no longer hard focus on center torso, so your damage output is pretty minimal relative to other loadouts.

I'm running this right now: Grue Streak
What are you guys using any thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc?

Edited by Gandalfrockman, 25 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#2 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Went to a Boom-Cat much more damage and can 1-shot ecm lights.

#3 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

My suggestion is to pilot a mech that actually requires you to aim, but hey. That's just me.

#4 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

As long as there is current ECM implementation streak boats without that device have little reasons to exists.
But,if I'd ride streak cat I'd make it like this

But I'd recommend you to make LRM boat on that mech - CPLT-A1 far support unit which spams LRM from hidden location without eye contact with enemy,using streaks for self-defense.

#5 Denniz0229

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

i really don´t see the point in having an A1 with anything else then 6x srm6...

#6 Stringburka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

If I'd want to make a SSRM-based catapult, I'd go for a C4 with 4xSSRM and 2x(ER)PPC.

That gives you an option at range and allows you to get rid of ECM.

#7 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

Its not that I cant aim, I do quite well in my cataphract and my dragon, ac20 pult is too slow for my tastes, ECM is not so prevalent in pugs right now that you are wholly disabled by it. If you come up against an organized group and you are a solo drop, your probably hosed anyway just because of the tonnage mismatch.

I didn't make this post because I was looking for other builds entirely, but because I wanted to see how other people were tuning their streak-apults. c4 sounds like a worthy effort, although I will likely try it with 1x er ppc and 1x tag.

Edit: Umm this doesnt work.. you cannot put a PPC on the c4, you only have two slots available.

Edited by Gandalfrockman, 26 February 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#8 Stringburka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostGandalfrockman, on 26 February 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Edit: Umm this doesnt work.. you cannot put a PPC on the c4, you only have two slots available.

Sorry bout that, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users