Any Units I Can Join?

9 replies to this topic

#1 SheepHugger

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hi

So, I've recognized that I can't get unhooked from this game. I can't make do without a daily dosage of this.

I've started to think that I really need to join in on a unit.

What I'd like is a European based unit (da? FRR..), that has at least semi-casual attitude. To me, it's all about having fun, fun can be winning matches and being really good, but even though it stings every time one dies or loses a match, it would be nice if there was a respect for the enemy for having fought better and no whine afterwards.

So, I'm looking for a group that is in it for fun, above all. There can be strict discipline while in battle, but there can't be any demands like "you have to attend this event 4.30 am on Tuesday or you will be fired".

Also, currently 90% of the time I won't be able to use mic. but I will do what you tell me to do or die trying and I can send messages back via macros.

My favorite Mech is Catapult, I have two, soon 3 and I also own a Dragon. I prefer brawling with the enemy and I think I can manage myself on the field. I just think that I would enjoy it a lot more if I belonged to a proper lance and was able to support the lance and have the lance support me back. It's hard to make a run through the enemy formation when there's no friendly lance behind the hill waiting for me (the puggers saw a commando and all went after it firing LRM at 90m distance)

I would like to at least have a chance to write an application and take part in any kinds of trials.
I am mostly online around 8-11am GMT (best way to start a workday)

#2 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Well for you i can strongly recomend the Skjaldborg of Rasalhague.

We are a large and friendly unit with plenty of room for you to find your own space. We have several lances of GMT people running and there is activity pretty much all day around. We also run a lot of activity such a company wide practis and tournaments. Recently we had a in-game scavenger hunt. we do not have any demands on how often you need to be online but we like if you at least stop by the forum once a week =)

Simply put no matter what you are looking for there is a good chance you will find it in the SoR.

We also have Mead. =)

Edited by AlexEss, 27 February 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#3 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 27 February 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

We also have Mead. =)

Hmmm Meeead...

Skjaldborg is Shieldcastle btw :-P Still pretty cool.

Skjaldvall = Shieldwall

#4 kundvagn

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Actually, the old norse word for the shield wall tactic was skjaldborg.

#5 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yupp.

Also skjaldvall would be more along the line of "small pile of dirt with a shield" at least in swedish. Sköldmur is the correct modern swedish term

But seeing as this is a game set in the year of 3050 and the FRR have Swedenese (sp?) as the official language i think pretty much any version goes. =P

#6 George Ripper

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Also, looking to join a FRR unit. I am, however, based in the states and work A LOT. So if the unit is very schedule specific i may not fit, but if you're up for a decent support mech (trying to get Master lvl on Hunchies currently) in PUGs feel free to friend me even if i can't join your unit! ;)

#7 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostGeorge Ripper, on 05 March 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Also, looking to join a FRR unit. I am, however, based in the states and work A LOT. So if the unit is very schedule specific i may not fit, but if you're up for a decent support mech (trying to get Master lvl on Hunchies currently) in PUGs feel free to friend me even if i can't join your unit! ;)

The Skjaldborg is a community based group; while we have competitive elements, we're mostly casual. Find us here and send in an app if you wish!

#8 George Ripper

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 05 March 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

The Skjaldborg is a community based group; while we have competitive elements, we're mostly casual. Find us here and send in an app if you wish!

I will do just that as soon as i get out of work. Thank you for the invite! =)

#9 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 05 March 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Yupp.
Also skjaldvall would be more along the line of "small pile of dirt with a shield" at least in swedish. Sköldmur is the correct modern swedish term

woooooo small pile of dirt with a shield on it!!! :)

#10 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

Well.. a "vall" is in a way a protective barrier but it most often refers to a type of barrier made by earth and grass to make up the confines of a field to prevent the good soil from washing away, =)

anyway... skaaaaaalllljdboooorfffff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users