34 replies to this topic

#1 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I mean seriously, teaming up and working together? There should be no way this is allowed. Since when does teamwork have a place in a MechWarrior game? I keep losing because of all these people that work together.

</Troll thread>

#2 Kaarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationState of confusion

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Your doing it wrong. Those living below the bridge are trolls, those above are Yoopers.

I'm guessing the mix of weather that we've gotten here in the Magical Mitten has addled your sensibilities. I suggest a standard Michigan remedy for that, cold beer and warm Pastie on the back of a snowmobile.

Edited by Kaarde, 05 February 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#3 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Posted Image

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostKaarde, on 05 February 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Your doing it wrong. Those living below the bridge are trolls, those above are Yoopers.

I'm guessing the mix of weather that we've gotten here in the Magical Mitten has addled your sensibilities. I suggest a standard Michigan remedy for that, cold beer and warm Pastie on the back of a snowmobile.

And don't forget some Michigan Apples and Mackinac Island Fudge!

#5 Kaarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationState of confusion

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Too bad its too late for Tip Up Town, else I'd have us meet there to discuss the matter more fully.

#6 Inviticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Premades should only be matched with othe rpremades. The game is more frustration than fun for those of us that prefer to solo drop for a few games per night. I'd really like to see a no-premade solo drop queue. I'd throw my wallet at the Devs for such a feature.

#7 nksharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostInviticus, on 05 February 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Premades should only be matched with othe rpremades. The game is more frustration than fun for those of us that prefer to solo drop for a few games per night. I'd really like to see a no-premade solo drop queue. I'd throw my wallet at the Devs for such a feature.

You do understand this is a team based game and the OP was joking I hope.

At the rate this is going I don't think there will be custom matches or 1v1s for a long time coming either.

#8 Inviticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postnksharp, on 05 February 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

At the rate this is going I don't think there will be custom matches or 1v1s for a long time coming either.

The last time I checked, i was with a team of 8 regardless if I premade or solo queue.

#9 Conrad Stryker

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostInviticus, on 05 February 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Just destroyed you in a match. It wasn't premades that killed you, it was just bad skill. Maybe Call of Duty is more your speed if you don't care for teamwork...

#10 Inviticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostConrad Stryker, on 05 February 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Just destroyed you in a match. It wasn't premades that killed you, it was just bad skill. Maybe Call of Duty is more your speed if you don't care for teamwork...

Uh Hu sure. I am sure that's what the Developers want; for customers to leave for other games especially when the fix is such an obvious one. I don't think that a balanced matchmaker with logic for even fights is too much to ask for.

Edited by Inviticus, 05 February 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#11 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

teamwork in a pug is like reading random poetry. 90% of the time it comes off as a bunch of rubbish, but that other 10% is just beautiful.

#12 Inviticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostEnervation, on 05 February 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

teamwork in a pug is like reading random poetry. 90% of the time it comes off as a bunch of rubbish, but that other 10% is just beautiful.

I've tried believe me. No matter how much I plead with my team to stick together, they still run all over the map, fail to use cover, or Rambo into the enemy to die horribly. It's a losing proposition especially with the Premades have voice chat, can put together a team of complimentary mechs, and have played together awhile. This is why premades should only fight other premades; for the sake of balance and fair play. Otherwise, PGI should just remove the solo queue all together.

#13 Conrad Stryker

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostInviticus, on 05 February 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Uh Hu sure. I am sure that's what the Developers want; for customers to leave for other games especially when the fix is such an obvious one. I don't think that a balanced matchmaker with logic for even fights is too much to ask for.

It's certainly not helpful to building a game's community if people want it to be something it isn't.

#14 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostKaarde, on 05 February 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

I live between Traverse City and Petoskey. I qualify as a troll.

View Postnksharp, on 05 February 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Yes, it was a joke. I blatantly said it was a troll thread. The first couple posts weren't even anything about it.

Hey devs - I tried to have a sense of humor, it didn't take - feel free to lock or delete this.

#15 Ravill

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostInviticus, on 05 February 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

I've tried believe me. No matter how much I plead with my team to stick together, they still run all over the map, fail to use cover, or Rambo into the enemy to die horribly. It's a losing proposition especially with the Premades have voice chat, can put together a team of complimentary mechs, and have played together awhile. This is why premades should only fight other premades; for the sake of balance and fair play. Otherwise, PGI should just remove the solo queue all together.

How about this, you spend one thirty minute session (because that is all you can play per night) scouring the forums for vent/ts/mumble info, test/find a place with sufficient nonmouthbreathers, and bookmark the crap out of that place. Next night login, LFG, make tea (or frosty beer), get group, enjoy tea and pug stomping. If you are incapable or unwilling to do this then you deserve to be ground up like the rest of the pugs because even if the devs introduce solo queues there will be those who are willing to solo queue on the off chance they end up together just so they can shoot people who complain about groups.

#16 Bryan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

#17 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

And don't forget some Michigan Apples and Mackinac Island Fudge!

Don't forget, our own little piece of the third world called Detroit! Quality Dairy Mackinaw Island Fudge ice cream is op.

#18 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Nerf teamwork! To the ground baby! I've grown tired of, in nearly every 8 man drop, the victory is hard fought and hard won by me and my teammates because the enemy keeps working together! I can't earn easy money when the enemy team keeps relying on OP teamwork! This is absurd in a team based game! TeamworkOP! hit it with the nerfbat or else I'm never buying MC again! >=/

#19 thegimp73

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

LOL, I love how this started as pretty much a troll joke thread and everyone has taken it so serious.

Now more on topic. Seperating queue's is a bad idea in my opinion. The easier fix would be to just increase team sizes so that groups won't be such a large advantage. I am a solo player as all my friends refuse to play this game, and i haven't taken the time to find a decent group.

#20 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

View Postthegimp73, on 07 February 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

LOL, I love how this started as pretty much a troll joke thread and everyone has taken it so serious.

Your hasty generalizations are not wanted here, good sir!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users