Looking For A Laptop That Will Work For My Mw:o Fix.....

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

OK, I need to get a laptop for a number of reasons, and I already have a desktop that runs the game with no issues at all. I'm trying to not go nuts on the budget (Sub $1000, so Alienware is outta the pic, and they seem way overpriced anyhow).

Right now the leading contender is a HP ENVY dc6-7292nr.
Is running an Intel I7-3630QM cpu (2.4 GHz -3.4 OC)
12 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Nvidia gt 650m video card
750 GB HD

yadda yadda yadda. Can get one for about 700-750. Was wondering if it would work and or other recommendations? K, thanks.

#2 Bad Karma 308

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Usually I always use a laptop capable of gaming whenever I travel to pass the time, and I travel a lot. So I've had many laptops but have taken to Sager for the last 3 or 4. http://www.sagernotebook.com

Many of these are billed as desktop replacements and use full up PC components and not gimp'd down mobile ones. They can put out quite a bit of horse power compared to a regular laptop. Downside is that they can be quite power hungry and don't have long battery life. But if your gaming near a power source then it isn't much of a factor, but that is a big deciding factor for many people. .

Edited by Bad Karma 308, 28 February 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

sadly out of my current price point, but those look grand nice, and more product for the price than the AlienWare ones do.

#4 Lucas the Bounty Hunter

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNorthwestern Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

That HP should do the job just fine. I'm running a Toshiba Satelite L770 with an i5-2450 @ 2.50GHz 8GB memory, and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M. It's not great, but I get 20-22 FPS on low settings which is certainly playable. Since you have a desktop which I assume you will still use for the bulk of your playing, the HP should be fine as a secondary mobile platform.

Happy Hunting.

#5 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Possibly a little above your total budget line, but I bought an ASUS G75VW-AS71 a few months ago. It runs MWO like a champ.

I bought it through Amazon, signed up for their card and pay $125 a month on it. Should have it paid off in just about 6 months at my current rate.

#6 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I use an Asus G74sx. It's got an i7, like 12 gigs of ram, and a GTX 560m. You can score a refurb off newegg for around a grand, otherwise the G75 is this years version for $1k to $1.5k with all sorts of options.

#7 urmamasllama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

lenovo is generally better build quality and well priced http://shop.lenovo.c...8E490358F8CA8C3

seems about even to what you found with hp except this one has a hybrid drive also a 650m should be plenty my lenovo y580 has a 660m and i can run the game at max settings no problem

Edited by urmamasllama, 28 February 2013 - 04:53 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users